Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards That Show Doors, Doorways, and Windows

2123.  Spain
Greetings from Spain!  Hope you don't mind self-made cards, it's still quite difficult to find cards in shops here.  (I' a digital ferusenik and to not shop online).  Took this photo some years ago, in a village at the sea (the Mediterranean).  The alarm box on top is the only reminder of modern times.  Best wishs, J. Carlos.

2067.  Northwest Germany
Nice to meet you.  I am Anlie, 57 years old and I live with my husband near Melle in Northwest of Germany.  I love it when people plant their own vegetables.  It tastes better than the things you can buy in the supermarket.  My favourite season is spring.  I like it when the nature begins to live again.  Stay safe.  Anlie.

2064.  Bratislava, Slovakia
14 May 2021
I hope you will like this card with old window.  I like traveling and collecting postcards and fridge magnets.  Martin

2028.  Germany
I live in a small town near Kassel in Germany.  My favourite season is summer.  I love the sun and I like wearing shorts and flipflops instead of a scarf and a hat.  Viele Gripe aus Deutschland.  Bleibgesund.  Kathria

1987.  Poland
Hello Chris!  I'm 24 y.o. girl from Poland which very like read a books.  My best writer is Carlos Ruiz Zafon from Spain.  Wish you only sunny days and ... Happy Postcrossing!
1984.  Segovia, Espana - Spain
The Vera Cruz Church as seen from the Alcazar
4 Sept. 2019
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Spain!  My name is Edit and I live in El Esconal with my husband and our two daughters (3 and 6)  Recently we made a day trip to Segovia and visited the Alcazar.  It is really beautiful.  This postcard is from there.  Best wishes, Edit.

1934.  Lisboa: Campo de Ourique
Card sent from the Netherlands
Hello Chris,
Nice to meet you.  I got this card while on holiday in Portugal.  Their doors and windows are so much more colorful than the ones we have.  Sending greetings and all the best, Jeroen

1928. Lappseuranta, FINLAND
Hope you like this very romantic doorway - maybe pink color seems a bit too sweet!  Our winter is almost over - still lots and lots of snow but we must be patient.  Spring IS around the corner, I believe!  All the best, Anneli

1238.  Indonesia
Hello, Chris.  Greetings from Indonesia!
My name is Zi and I've been dreaming to visit America one day.  Hopefully someday it can come true. Lol.
I've read that you're now working in a library?  Woah, that's so cool!  I love library, always spend my free time ther after school.  It's rather unfortunate that recently many local libraries in my town closed down.  They usually sold their collection to neighborhood people, and I ended up buying a bunch.  Hahaha.
Nice to know you!  Best wishes.

1176.  Thessaloniki, GREECE
Hello/ahoj.  My name is Petra.  I'm 19 and I'm from capital of Slovakia, Bratislava, but I moved to Greece and now I live in the 2nd largest city in Greece - Thessaloniki.  It is a beautiful multicultural city full of history like whole of this country.  Sending you many greetings from sunny Greece!  Petra.

1149.  Chicago, Illinois
Angela Gonzales, Artist
Angela Gonzales artwork:  This image represents the door that Fermilab's reasearch into particles provides to our understanding of the universe, as the door reveals the sky with a particle accelerator in it.  Privately held print.  
Fermilab/ U.S. Department of Energy/Office of Science
Hello Chris!  I live in the country 40 miles west of Chicago and ten miles west of FermiLab, a federal government scientific research facility.  Ms. Gonzales was the resident artist until her death.  The feds bought farms and even a small town to have enough room for an accelerator.  They just celebrated their 50th birthday!  Jane

994.  Gyeonggi Republic of Korea
Hello!  Greetings from Korea!  All the best for you!  Larisa

951. NanXun, China
Nihao!  This is the view of Nan Xun ancient town in China.  I hope you will like it!  Danbo

932.  South Korea
Hello!  Many greetings from South Korea.  I am Inhye.  It is the entrance to the Korean-traditional style house "Hanok."  The curve eaves are imressive.  The stamps are the paintings of Sin Saimdang.  The topic are "grass and insect"

923.  Sakhalin, Russia
Hello!  My name is Elena.  I live on the biggest Russian island, Sakhalin.  It looks like a big fish on the map.  It's 8 hours difference between Moskow and Sakhalin.  Happy Postcrossing! 

905.  Slovakia
Traditional Windows
Ahoj!  Greetings from Slovakia, small country in the heart of Europe.  My name is Alena, I love to take trips with my family, hiking, collecting postcards and gardening.  Kind regards, Alena

896.  Halle, GERMANY
Bewt summer regards from Halle in Germany.  Halle is the old birthtown of the composer Handel.  Here is the mystic "Sky Disc' (see Google).  I like also books and the nature.  I wish you many lucky days!  Jorg.

831.  Tomsk (West Siberia) Russia
"A monument of wooden Architecture" (translated from Russian)
Hello!  This postcard from Tomsk (West Siberia.  My city is famous for its wooden architecture.  I really like to walk and see old houses and carved windows.  Tourists from all over the world come to Tomsk to see these houses!  Anna

781.  Ukranian Doorways
Hello!  Greetings from Belarus!  My name is Marina, I'm from Minsk.  Few days ago I came back from Lriv (Ukraine) - I like this homely, cozy, lovely town so much!  I bought this card there.  I though that it is perfect for you.  Hope you like it as well as me. :)  Make only love.

838.  Odessa, Ukraine
My name's Julija, nice to meet you.  I live in the not very big and rather comfortable for life town that's named Krmenchuk, it's in the Central Ukraine.  We have the Dnieper River here, that divides the town into two parts, I live on the left side.  This photo was taken in the Ekaterininskaya Street in my favourite Ukrainian city of Odessa.  Julija


760.  Hong Kong
Greeting from Hong Kong, a city located in Asia which is packed and crowded city.  I am planning my vacation in end o fyear, most of the time I will send myself a postcard when traveling.  Will you do the same?  Happy Postcrossing, Fennie

722.  Germany
Fisherman's cottage in Born on the Darss
My name is Cathleen and I'm 24 years old.  Two books I liked a lot were "Kafka on the Shore" by H. Murahami and "A Heart So White" by Javier Marias.  Do your already read on eof them (or both?)  Sorry for my English.  All my best wishes to you and have a wonderful day.  Cathleen

690.  Malaysia
Hello from Malaysia.  My name is Mazz and I enjoy postcards to take my mind off from work although writing them would mean battling my many furry paws pals who are keen that I only pay attention to them.  His is one of our many of Peranakan doors that you can find in Malaysia.  They're well preserved.  Although I'm not sure those two huge pots/water containers are for show or for real!


469.  Old temple doors in Pushkar, Rajasthan, INDIA
(card from Norway)
Hello!  I have chosen this old door card for you, hope you like it.  This weekend my son turned 21!  He just escaped to Oslo with some friends.  We have had some nice and sunny days now, and I am waiting for my Greek vacation in August.  Thailand is our other preferred vacation land.  All the best!  Inger

513.  St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Hi!  Greetings from rainy city St. Petersburg.  This is not a doorway, but a cool window frame!
Daria and Kirill

601.  Kazan, Russia
Kazan State Univercity in the door reflection of the National Library of the Republic of Tatarstan
Greetings from Russia!  Best Wishes, Aliya

No comments: