Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards Received from Washington D.C.

774.  Tomb of Unknown Soldier
Arlington National Cemetery, actually in Arlington, VA
Located in Arlington National Cemetery, this block of white marble marks the final resting place of our Unknown Soldier.  Measuring 16 feet long, 11 feet high, and 9 feet wide, inscribed on the stone is the following:  "Here rests in honored glory an American Soldier known but to God."
Hello Chris.  Most of my postcards are in storage in Florida for when I move.  I have  more jackalope and cemetery cards.  I hope you enjoy this one.  Warm regards, Richard

307.  Washington D. C. - National Mall
April 29, 2016 
Hello Chris,  I suppose this qualifies as a map of my area.  You could actually use it to tour the best places on the National Mall - Tim Wolfe

391.  The Capitol, Washington D. C.
Dear Chris,
I've lived in the Washington, DC area for 3 years now and it's finally growing one me (since last year).  I lvoe going out to the National Mall and looking at the monuments and memorials. at night.  Patricia Vu

No comments: