Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards Received from Texas


2900.  Emperor Penguins Huddling
Howdy from San Antonio!  I am married and have a do yr. old son.  I love to read, watch ice hockey especially the Pittsburgh Penguins and I have been collecting all kinds of penguins for 40 years.  I also started taking figure skating lessons in Feb. 2021 - something I always wanted to do.  It's a great cardio workout.  I hope your are staying safe & healthy.  Regine.
2034.  Hello From Houston, Texas
Houston Texas, "where they always have a problem."  Hope you are having a good spring.  My World Map quilt was featured recently on the Postcrossing blog.  Stay Safe and Happy Postcrossing!  LARIDIAN

965.  Austin, Texas
My name is Nicholas...I moved here this may with my family.  We enjoy the city and keep exploring the state.
This postcard shows one of the books from my country - it is "Dead Souls" by Nicolai Gogol.  He shows how mid class lived in 1830-1840 in Russian Emire.  I read it in school.  Nicholas

906.  Houston, Texas
May-Britt Moser: Psyhologist and Neuroscientist
I just moved here with my family last year.  And now I've seen the heaviest rain i've ever been through!  You know, Hurricane Harvey.  It's crazy!  Best wishes, Amelie, August 2017

827.  Texas Jackalope
Hello Chris!  I live in a small city of Beaumont, not far from the Louisiana border.  I'm a cat lover.  I also enjoy long walks in the park and gardening.

519.  Card sent from TEXAS 
"North of Silver Hill in Connecticut, the Appalachina Trail wanders through woods still growing up from 19th century overtimbering"

Howdy from Texas.  I picked up this card on our trip last fall - we enjoyed it very much.  We plan to visit Maine and see some of the islands - any suggestions?  Figured we need to hire a bout and driver for part of it.  Enjoy travel - we do and hope to do even more.  Keys in Florida are next.
Cheers, Johny

326.  Odessa, Texas
Hello!  My name is Anita and I live in Odessa, Texas.  Our main industry here is oil.  We have a large rodeo in January and even larger hight school football games in the fall.  Our city mascot is the jackrabbit.  We have several statues around town.  Anita

300.  Fort Worth Stockyards, TEXAS
4-27-16
      Howdy from Ft. Worth, Texas.  My name is Linda or my grandchildren call me Nanny.  I am 66 yrs. young.  I love to travel, read, sew, and spend time with my 13 grandchildren (10 girls and 3 boys).  I am homeschooling 4 of the grand children.  We use postcrossing to learn like your class.
     Fort. Worth at one time was the largest stockyard in the southwest United States.  The are is now a historical area.  The old exchange building is a museum. I hope you like the card.  Happy Postcrossing, Linda

294.  Cross-Country Trip
Alamo, TX
Hi,  I have had fun traveling over 10,000 miles in my van and frew to China.  I found lots of postcards and made many new friends.  Happy National Postcard Week, Demaris
Check out the artist at: www.rickgeary.com
Visit our website at:  www.nationalpostcardweek.com
email me for a trade: ezrestexas@aol.com

No comments: