Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Germany

2120.  Germany
Viele Grupe aus Tnier, der altestem Staal & Duetshlands!
Many greetings from Tnier, Germany's oldest town!
Hallo chris!  Our city's landmark is the Porta Nigra, our Roman city gate (170 AD.).  Archaeologists are very happy with the Roman things and finds in the ground here.  Best wishes to you in the USA!  Stay safe & healthy.  20 June 2021

2081.  Germany.
Hello my name is Maken.  I like to hear music from Heiko Brauning and David Plum.  Please stay healthy.  Maken


 I HAVE REMOVED THIS POSTCARD, BECAUSE IT IS CLEARLY IN POOR TASTE ON WHAT 'D LIKE TO CONSIDER IS A PG-rated WEBSITE.

2071.  German
y
Hallo Chris, here is a bit of pleasant humor.
(We don't know each other from Tinder?)
(Maybe, I often send out selfies)
I hope you like it.  

2070.  Germany
Hello my name is Karin.  I like to hear music from Heiku Brainning and David Pliin.  Please stay healthy.  Karin.

2067.  Northwest Germany
Nice to meet you.  I am Anlie, 57 years old and I live with my husband near Melle in Northwest of Germany.  I love it when people plant their own vegetables.  It tastes better than the things you can buy in the supermarket.  My favourite season is spring.  I like it when the nature begins to live again.  Stay safe.  Anlie.

2060.  Dresden, Germany
Inge Look #72
17 May 2021
Hello Chris, My name is Amelie and I live in Dresden, where I study hydrology at university.  In my spare time I enjoy reading books, listening to music, playing card & board games as well as going for walks.  My favourite book genre is urban fantasy.  I like Genevieve Cogman's "The Invisible Library" a lot.  I wish you all the best & stay healthy!  Kindest regards, Amelie.

2056.  Germany
I find this illustrator's comis super funny, you can find them under the name "Strange Planet."  My cat also is one of these vibrating creatures.  She's knows around my friends for purring as loud as a broken motor.  She's super friendly and cuddles everyone.  All the best!

2051.  Greetings from Kassel, Germany
Kassel is known for the fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm.  The picture shows Rapunzel.  The tower is supposed to be in the area.  I'm 44 years old.  I have two sons and two cats.  I like geochaching and darts.  Stay safe and happy.  Alex  - 9 May 2021

2050.  Rhine Bridge, Lower Rhine Region, Germany
I send you sunny regards from the lower Rhine region, I hope you like the Rhine bridge by Wesel?  I love the green country life here with my dog Rudy.  A great book is from F Schahing, "Tod & Teufel."  Best wishes and stay healthy.

2048.  Potsdam Glenicker Brucke (Bridge)
Many greetings from Berlin.  I send you the bridge of Alientche is the border between Berlin and Potsdam.  It is a very pretty area.  There are many lakes and castles.  Stay healthy!  Alex

2042.  Mungstener Brucke (Bridge) GERMANY
Hello from the small town Haan in the west of Germany, called "Rheinland, :the old father Rhein" is the biggest German river.  It is coming from Switzerland and ends in the Netherlands.  The river under the bridge is a tributary of the Rhein.  This is the highest railway bridge in Grmany, is is located in our neighbour city.  Best wishes to you.  Hope your mailbox is filled upp with cards you like.  Regards with love.  Please stay healthy with covid!!

2038. Germany
Wendenkonig / Serbski kral
Story of the Wendish King vs. the Germans
My name is Dorle.  I live in Berlin, but grew up in Lower Lusatia.  It is in the east of Germany, near the border with Poland.  I still consider this area to be my home.  Best wishes.

2028.  Germany
I live in a small town near Kassel in Germany.  My favourite season is summer.  I love the sun and I like wearing shorts and flipflops instead of a scarf and a hat.  Viele Gripe aus Deutschland.  Bleibgesund.  Kathria

1974.  Bortfeld, Germany
Guten Tag (=Dear) Chris!  My name is Anja and I live in Bortfeld, a small country village located in North Germany together with y husband and two grown-up sons (19 & 22).  My hobby is photography and design postcards like this one.  ENJOY POSTCROSSING!  Best Wishes,

1983.  Germany/Allemagne/Deutschland
Hello Chris, many greetings from Berlin.  I am also a teacher (for maths and physics) working with kids aged 12 - 21 from over 30 nations all around the world.  This is a big challenge but it also means lots of fun and it is never boring.  We learn a lot from each other.  Have a great time. 4-9-17

1971.  Juist Island, Germany
"King Penguin Pair"
Hi Chris,  Many greetings from island Juist in Germany.  Cars are forbidden here - except rescue cars.  Transports are done by horses, people ride bicycles.  Happy Postcrossing!  Martina

1959.  Germany
Mary Cassatt (1844-1926)
Young Lady Reading
Hello Chris, I hope you'll like this card.  I like reading on my sofa, too.  Only I wear much more comfortable clothes!  Best wishes, Sabine

1958.  Bremen, GERMANY
Hello Chris, Hope you and your family are doing well.  I live here in Bremen in a house with a large garden and a large pond where sturgeon swim.  I've (can't read the writing here)...up to Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland.  Since 1985 worked as a fitter in different countries, Algeria, Israel, Norway, and Austria.  Now just in Germany.  Since 2016 pensioner.  Love to travel with my wife.  We love Paris and Gdansk.  All love from Bremen, Bernd


1944.  Minden, Germany
Postcard:  Inge Look/29
I love sending off the old ladies postcards.  They always make me smile.  Maybe I should start collecting them, too!  Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait for it to be warm again!  All the best, take care, Ute

1942.  Bonn, Germany
Kaiserliches Postamt Bonn 1879 (Old German Post Office)
Moin Chris,  I'm 45 y.o. and live with my lovely family in the 6th largest town of Schleswig-Holstein (SH) in the northernmost federal state of Germany.  Last week I visit with my husband and a girlfriend the "Leipziger Buchmesse."  (note from cag:  this is the Leipzig Book Festival, a huge event) It was really nice, but also really busy.  Best wishes from Mannela

1924.  Leipzig, GERMANY
Dear Chris, Greetings from Sazony in Germany, where I'm at the moment with musical visit.  I live actually in Berlin, but travel quite a lot around the world.  Leipzig is very musical city with two big orchestras, opera, and Thomas Church where Bach used to work.  Hope you like my card choice.  Antoinette

1922.  Heidelberg, GERMANY
postcard:  Grabmal von Frederic Chopin auf dem. Cimetiere du Pere-Lachaise in Paris
I'm Claudia, and I send you best wishes from Heidelberg in Germany.  I hope you like this postcard which shows the grave of Chopin in Paris.  We have a friend in Maine - Fred Granger - he is very often in Vinalhaven, maybe you know him?  The world in small sometimes!


1920.  Hamburg, Germany
Hallo Chris!  Sending you lovely greetings from Hamburg.  At the weekend I love to visit flea markets and search for unwritten postcards.  It makes a lot of fun and sometimes I've got luck - like this card!  Wish you all the best and a lot of beautiful cards, Rebecca

1910.  Hungarian Mailbox sent from GERMANY
"Red Postbox, Esztergom, Hungary"
Hello chris, a lot of greetings from frosty Berlin, we have -7 degrees C today.  And now a bit snow and I would be happy.  What subjects did you teach?  A job in a library sound really well.  I can imagine this for me also.  I wish you all the Best!  Yours, Anna

1908.  Hamburg, Germany
Hi Chris, the "Rote Flora" is a former theatre in the Sternschanze quarter in Hamburg.  It has been squatted since Nov. 1989 in response to a decision to turn it into a musical theatre.  It has served as a nexuc for radical and revolutionary culture.  Having survived multiple fires, plans by the city to demolish the entire structure, and frequent clashes with the police, Rote Flora, with its dilapidated, graffiti=covered facaed, has become a symbol of the radical left in Germany.
     So, this is not a typical tourist card from Hamburg...at least I hope so!
Best wishes, Sophia

1261.  Greetings from Germany
Translation from Front:  Birthdays are good for your health.  The more you get, the older you get.  
In my spare time I like to take pictures.  I live with my family in an old town between Berlin and Leipzig.

1246.  Dresden, Germany
Hello Chris,  I hope this postcard suits you, it shows my hometown, which is really historical.  If you'd like e.g. to listen to some German interpretation of the song "San Bernardino" you can find it at youtube (Arnim Busch).  Best wishes form the other side of the ocean!  2018 - 3 - 12

1228.  Bavaria, Germany
Hello Chris, I send you greetings from Bavaria/Germany.  This map or pictures on this map was made by our photographer and shows nature in our village.  I hope you like it.  I wish you all the best, Sonja

1211.  Schone Grusse aus Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
GERMANY
(Greetings from Mecklenburg-Viorpommern, which is a state on the northern coast of Germany)
This card is from Moritz Lake, one of the biggest lakes in Germany.

1188.  Germany
Writing is indecipherable, unfortunately.

1160.  tea und fun, Netherlands
Groningen
Hello Chris.  I am Hemmo.  Just retired from Special Education.  .....Groningen is a beautiful old city.  Nice to live in.  Now I am sitting in my favorite pub to write this card.  Hope you like it.  Postcrossing is a very nice hobby.  Wish you all the best this New Year.

1127.  "Never Too Old to Play"
Hello Chris!  I'm Daniela and live near Munich.  I hope you enjoy the old ladies on the postcard.  As I work as an accountant and the year end is the busiest time, I have to work these days.  But I enjoy the silence in the office.  Wishing you a happy new year! 

1084.  Saxon Switzerland, Germany
Saxon Switzerland (Sachsische Schweiz) is a hilly climbing area and national park around the Elbe Valley southeast of Dresden in Saxony, Germany 
25 . 10 . 2017
Many greetings from Freiburg.  I was born in Dresden, a historic town near here. (He says the stamp is very old - it was on the back, he copied it with the stamp on the front before he sent it to me.)
1068.  Wuppertal (near Cologne), Germany

1055.  Monchengladbach, GERMANY
Hi!  The postcard shows a water tower in my hometown.  It's on of the same ones in Art Nouveau style.  The facade is much more colourful than on the picture.

1044.  Germany
Hello!  I'm Natalie, a 19 year old biology student from Germany.  Today is just a lazy day.  I cooked some pasta and now I watch The Simpsons.  Best wishes, Natalie

1027.  Willich, GERMANY
Seaside Days I Do Like to be... by Peter Aderley
Greetings from Germany.  My name is Tina and I live in a small city called Willich in the west of the country.  It was first mentioned in the year 1137 as "Wylike."  Sometimes I wish I could travel in a time-machine just to have a quick look into different centuries.  It would be great to see my home town in the different centuries.  Her is a quote for you:  "when you can dream it you can do it."  All the best to you and your loved ones.  With warmest wishes, Tina

997.  Verdingen, GERMANY
"Winter"
Hello!  Sorry, not a postcard from your wishlist, but I hope you still like it and the stamps.  Greetings from Verdingen in Germany!  Thorsten

947.  Bavaria
Vincent Van Gogh The Novel Reader, 1888
Hello Chris, her come many greetings from Bavaria to you.  I live here with my family, husband, son, his girlfriend and our 3 dogs in a small village.  I love the nature around me.  Happy postcrossing, Gabi

896.  Halle, GERMANY
Bewt summer regards from Halle in Germany.  Halle is the old birthtown of the composer Handel.  Here is the mystic "Sky Disc' (see Google).  I like also books and the nature.  I wish you many lucky days!  Jorg.

895.  Germany
Many greetings from Germany, I hope you are well and I send you all my best, Elviis

884. Albrecht Durer Haus, Nurnberg, Germany
Hello Chris, I'm living in the nice middle-age city Nurnberg and I'm working in environmental pater protection.  The house iof the artist Albrecht Durer is more than 500 years old.  Greetings from Margot

873.  Oberhausen, GERMANY
Soizick Meister "Bucherturm" Inkognito
Gluckauf Chris, Sometimes I get lost when I read books.  Perhaps I dive in that story or just feel at home in it.  I don't mind as long as nobody calls me back for any household action....all the chores that have to be done are my task cause I work part-time.  Stay happy and healthy, Cardeaux

871.  Germany
Rococo Library in Bad Schussenried
Baden-Wurttemberg
My name is Michaela.  I like to travel, read, animals, nature and lots more.  TLC.  Love, Michaela


865.  Munsteil, Germany
Hello Chris, Nice greetings from Munsteil, Germany, a community with more than 300,000 inhabitants and uncountable bicycles.  Best wishes, Susanne

855.  Germany
August, 2017
Sorry for my bad writing.  I am sitting in a train to go visiting my best friend.  I like traveling by train.  I can watch the scenery and can calm down from the busy work days.  Warm greetings, Josefin

854.  Hildesheim, Germany
Hallo Chris, Guten Tag from Hildesheim in Germany.  We are UNESCO World Heritage with  (unreadable) church!  Betty. 23.17.17

837.  Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
Pariser Platz/Brandenburger Tor 1945
Hi Chris, My name is Linda, I'm 18 years old & I live in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany.  As you can most likely tell, I visited Berlin recently  and of course I had to stop by Brandenburg Gate again.  No matter how many times I stand in front of it and gaze up at the Quidriga (statue of the victory goddess in a chariot with four horses) I'm never left unimpressed.  But that goes for Berlin in general.  The entire city breathes freedom & willpower.  Especially thanks to WWII which left Berlin in ruins so disheartening that nobody believed it could be rebuilt, and thanks to the Cold War which tore the city in half.  But after all that, the city still lives.  And how it lives!  I cannot put into words the pool of emotions I dive into every time I'm in Berlin.  Come here and see for yourself!  I wish you all teh good thing in this life!  Linda
P. S. I'll start studying library science in October  25.7.2017

819.  Germany
"Bills and Love Letters"
This box looks similar to the German post boxes: both are yellow.  But they have no different "entrances" for bills or love letters. :)  Maybe then it would give more love letters.

813.  Apolda, Germany
I got this postcard at the [can't read} 4th Horticultural show.  It's a huge gardening event currently hosted by my hometown,
Apolda.

799.  Furstliche Bibliothek Corvey - GERMANY
(Princely Library Corvey - aristocratic private library)
Hello Chris, my name is Hans.  This is one of many rooms of library at the Princely Palace Corvey, Germany.  all the best.

793.  Bonn, Germany
"Colorful Mailboxes"
Bonn is the birthtown of the famous composer L. V. Beethoven.  I'm Gabi and I like to travel around the world.  Have days of smiles.

785.  Meldorf, GERMANY (close to the North Sea)
Warm greetings from the north of Germany.  My name is Svenja and I live with my family in Meldorf, a small town really close to the North Sea.  My oldest son was very excited when I told him that I have to send a card to Pennsylvania!  He ask, "to Anne and Philipp?!?" because he loves the stories about the magical treehouse by Mary Pope Osborne.  I prefer reading books on the dyke at the coast while my husband is playing with the kids on the mud flats (of course I am a "mud monster" very often).  Best Wishes!  Svenja

783.  Tulda, Germany
Clementine-Helene Dufau (1869 - 1937 "Lady Reading at an Open Window", Gavin Graham
Gallery, London
Greetings from Tulda.  My name is Wolfgang.  I like to read, travel, and run.  I became retired two years ago, after 41 years in the German Army.  I don't leave my home without a book.  My famouse country to travel is Israel.  I was there about 25 times.  Las weekend I ran a half marathon in Munich and next week I will run a marathon is St. Petersburg (Russia). 

782.  Wuppurtal, Germany
Tomi Ungerer, Book Cover for Joan Aiken's Die Kristallkrahe (The Crystal Crow)
Hi chris, My name is Lothar and I'm from Wuppurtal, a town of 350,000.  It's situated in a green area with several artificial lakes and well know for the unique suspension railway.  Best wishes, Hepman

756.  Dessau, GERMANY
MOCHTEGERN JAGERMEISTER
Translation:  Wanna-be master hunter
Hello Chris, my name is Hannelore.  I am married, retired, and grandma with a big garden and a great lovely sheep dog.  I think and hope you like this card.  All the best for you!

729.  Oberbayern (Upper Bavaria)
9 March 2017
Unfortunately I don't have any of your favourite cards.  So here is a single-view card of my community.  From my window I can see the highest mountain of Germany, the Zugspitze.  It's great for skiing, hiking.  Next week I go to USA, exactly NYC.  I can't wait to go.  Wish you a good time.  Doris.

722.  Germany
Fisherman's cottage in Born on the Darss
My name is Cathleen and I'm 24 years old.  Two books I liked a lot were "Kafka on the Shore" by H. Murahami and "A Heart So White" by Javier Marias.  Do your already read on eof them (or both?)  Sorry for my English.  All my best wishes to you and have a wonderful day.  Cathleen

718.  Bavaria
My name is Bettina and I live with my family in the most beautiful state of Germany, in Bavaria.

712.  Germany
For days we have very cold weather, but sunshine.  Perfect to visit a Christmas market, which we have many in our region.  Greetings from the south of Germany!

674.  East Germany
Hello Chris, My name is Sylvie.  I'm 34 years old and I live with my husband and little son in East Germany.  I love to travel, too, and to explore new countries with their cultures and religions.  I've just started with Postcrossing one month ago.  I heard about it from a friend of mine.

672.  Inge Look card
mailed from Germany
Hello Chris,  Before I started with Postcrossing I never heard about Inge Look, but I am a big fan now!  I hope you enjoy this card.  In Bremen where I live we are a little bit away from winter - thank goodness!  Our sons look forward to Christmas.  Happy Postcrossing, Steffi

671.  Germany
Hello Chris from the western part of Germany.  I send you many nice greetings.  My city is small, calm, and green.  Around is many industry and trade but farmers and gardeners also.  All the best, Take care, Norbert.

670.  Frankfurt, Germany
Junge Frau am Ufer des Greve (Young Woman on the Banks of the Greve), 1901
Theo Van Rysselberghe (1862 - 1926)
04 Nov. 2016
Hello Chris, Or Hallo (in German) I hope you would like this painting of the young lady sitting across the coast of the river Greve!  Many greetings from cold (almost 09 degrees) Frankfurt!

643.  Hildesheim, Germany
Hello Chris,
I'm Holger, a teacher of maths and ethics, married father of two sons.  We live in a 164 years old house with our own library.
Best wishes, Holger

640. Cologne, Germany
Hello Chris!
Many greetings from Germany!  My name is Melanie.  I'm 43 years old and live together with my two children in Cologne, the 4th larges city of Germany.  In my free time I love reading, knitting, swimming, and writing postcards.
All the best to you!
Melanie

633.  Hamburg, Germany
Hello Chris!  Greetings:)  This is one of my newest cards, a fun map of the city centre of Hamburg.  I was born in Hamburg almost 48 years ago and now I live one driving hour north from there.  Twice a week I'm going to evening school, Mondays to learn to play piano and on Wednesdays to learn the Russian language.  I've just started and like it very much!  Momentarily I read books written by Ken Bruen from Ireland about former policeman who now works as a private detective, he has a drug problem.
Bye bye, Kirsten

632.  Nordstrasse (North Street?) from Germany
My name is Kerstin, I am 37 years old and live in Germany.  I work in the office of a big recycling company.  In my spare time I write letters and postcards, read, hear music, and meet friends.  Blessed be, Kerstin

629.  Bremen, Germany
Best wishes from Bremen, Germany!  My name is Birkit and I like to travel and I love reading, too!  In the moment I read the books from Chris Colfer, I like them!  Have a nice day and Happy Postcrossing.  Birkit

628.  Greetings from Germany
Many greetings from germany.  I am 37 years old and I like to play accordian in my free time.  I also like to write letters, meet my friends, travel.  All the best, Bianca

627.  Inge Look (Finnish artist) - sent from GERMANY
Hope you like this card.  Life in ......(I can't understand what she's written here)..I have 2 grandchildren.  Angelika
612.  Berlin, GERMANY
Hello, my name is Rachel.  I am 11 years old.  My hobbies are dancing, playing the guitgar, listening to music, watching films, & reading.  On the postcard you see the Obe-baumbrucke.  Berlin is a great city.  I go to Freii Schule am Mauerpark.  This is a nice school.  Have a nice day.  Goodbye.  Rachel

609.  Essen, Germany
Cartoon von Michael Holtschulte
Dear Chris,
You like funny cards.  This one means a song: 
 The boy: "Advent, advent, the school is burning."
The father:  "How touching."
Hopy you smile about it!  Greets from Essen, big town in Germany.
Yours, Steffi

604. Visit Berlin
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Berlin, the capital of Germany.
597.  Meinfranken - Weinfrnaken GERMANY
Hey Chris!  I envy you for living in Maine!  - I once like to visit Maine and Nova Scotia.  Until that time I like living in the Odenwald.  One of the beautifullest areas in Germany.
Happy Postcrossing, Christine

595.  I LOVE My World - GERMANY
Hi Chris, Hellow from Europe where fall is coming now and the days of sandal-wearing seem to be over, unlike in southern Airzona, i guess.  Or have you already moved & get your mail sent on to your new address?  All the best to you in any case!  Dorothee

585.  All Women are Powerful Queens - Matthias Burckner - GERMANY
Hello and happy postcrossing from Germany.

584.  Edmund Blair Leighton (1853 - 1922) Sweet Solitude
Received from Germany
Hello Chris,
My name is Marion, I'm 50 years old and live in a small village near Bonn.  This was the capital city of West Germany when Germany was divided.  The composer Beethoven was born in Bonn.  I work as a teacher and the director of a nursing school.  Have a good time!  Yours, Marion

571.  Bremervorde, GERMANY
Hello Chris, i hope I chose a nice card for you?!  I love books and I hope I get so much books in my life.  My English is not the best.  Wish you all time the best, many greetings from Gabriele

564.  Cologne-Ehrenfeld, GERMANY
 Hello Chris!  Greetings from Cologne - Ehrenfeld.  It is a part of Cologne.  Many students live here.  There are many cool bars and restaurants.  Cologne is a really fun city.  Everyone is open and welcoming.  It is always worth a trip.  Enjoy your summer.  All the best, Camy

541.  Ostfriesland, Germany
(EAST FRISIA, a region in coastal NW Germany)
Hello Chris!
Greetgings from Germany!  My name is Wilhelm and I live with my wife Jutta and our dog Monty in (sutu?) village Reipe.  I work as a tester of cars at the VW-Passat factory in Emden.  9,000 workers make 1250 cars every day.  Our region Ostfriesland is in northwest of Germany.  Best wishes, Willi

538.  Colorful Mailboxes, Postallove from Germany
Dear chris,  I am Nicole, 28 years old, high school teacher from Dusseldorf, Germany.  I am living in the center of the big city and I really love it, because there is always something going on around me.  Best wishes, Nicole

536.  Schone Grusse aus dem Maintal
Greetings from the Beautiful Main Valley, GERMANY
Hi, chris, my name is Jens and I come from Frankfurt  .  I'm 48 years old and I'm working in the office of DHL-Freight.  My hobbies are cycling, traveling, to meet friends and postcards.  Best wishes and have a nice day, Jens Henkel

534.  Wiesbaden, Germany
Hello, Happy Postcrossing from Germany

533.  Elbe River, Germany
"DIE ELBE von Hamburg bis Dresden"
Hello Chris!  My name is Natalie, and I'm student from Magdeburg, Germany (you can notice it in the middle of the map).  Our city stands on the Elbe River and my friends and I love to sit near it in the evening.  I hope you're having a good summer! :)
cheers, Nataliya

528.  Geo Photo from GERMANY
Hi Chris,
My name is Susanne and I love all kinds of wildlife.  I like watching birds or even ants.  Buytterflies and dragonflies are so fascinating.  Of course,  cheetahs are pretty powerful, fast, strong, yet I find them very graceful, too.  I wish you a smooth transition to Pennsylvania.  I hope you can enjoy every day of your free time!  Best wishes, Susanne

526.  Dom zu Magdeburg - Magdeburg Cathedral
Magdeburg, Germany
I love streets from Germany.  Have a nice day and fun with postcrossing.

498. Germany
Hi Chris, I find it somewhat difficult to describe (the) Germany...we think live to work and are very connected to the traditions.
Greetings, Nadine

491.  Frankfurt, GERMANY
Hello Chris.  My name is Rike and I live near Frankfurt Main.  Do I understand it correctly that you like zombies?  Me too!  The postcards shows the cover of a Zombie cookbook from Germany.  It's full of humorous zombie stories AND recipes for vegetarian zombies who do no like to eat brains.  Unfortunately, you can get the book only in German language.  Nevertheless, the cover is great.  Undead greetings, Rika
PS:  Great surname!!

476.  Bavaria, GERMANY
Hi Chris,
I'm Lotte, 25 years old and live in Bavaria which is a southern region of Germany.
Best Wishes
456.  Bills and Love Letters;  Dortmund, North Rhine - Westphalia, GERMANY
Hello Chris, greetings from Germany.  My name is Angela and I live in a small town close to the city Dortmund in North-Rhine-Westphalia.  The words on the mailbos:
RECHNUNGEN = BILLS
LIEBESBRIEFE = LOVE LETTERS
Hope you like the card.
Take care, Angela
15.07.16

449.  Das Leben ist eine Wundertute voller Uberraschungen!
(Life is a miracle mare full of surprises.)
Hello Chris.  I'm Ageloika from Leipzig in Saxony.  I very like nature, plants, especially flowers, sport (go by bike, swim), reading books, music, my little dog.  My do is similar to the dog of hee of the postcard.  Best wishes, Angelika 03.07.2016

439.  Krematorium auf dem Hauptfriedhof
Crematorium in the Main Cemetery
Unfortunately, this guys handwriting is horrible.  Took me awhile to decipher.
Hello Chris.  Greetings from Dortmund, a big town in the middle of Germany.  My name is Alex.  I'm 23 years old and I work as a male nurse in a hospital.  The card shows a great cemetery of Dortnumd.  It's also a very pic part of  ???.
(I wonder what the leaf signifies?)

437.  Winnie the Pooh
Hi Chris, This is my record card for you.  The first  I wrote for my grandma.  She liked to get postcards from all over the world.  This is the card of my account.  Have a nice Day.  Best wishes.

427.  Lower Saxony
Brautjungfer aus dem Kirchenspiel Lindhorst/Niedersachsen
Brautjungfer from the church game Lindhort/Lower Saxony
Hello Chris, Nice to meet you.  I live nearby Frankfurt but I love the countyside and all kids of old nostalgic stuff.  Her you see a bridesmaid from northern Germany.  Wish uou all the best.  Kind regards.  

406.  Germany
Hello Chris,
Greeting from Germany!  I wish you all the best, good luck and health.  Happy Postcrossing, Andreas

402.  Berlin, Germany
Hello Chris!  I guess I never written to a person living on a "mt." before :)  Although your avatar doesn't look very mountainous :)  Ok, what you see on the front of this card is something famous (but not a building :) and Berlin Unique, a takeaway or sandwich bar called Konnopka's Imbib.  Should you ever visit Berlin don't miss a chance to try this one.  Wish you all the best, Andre
My reply to him:
Thanks so much for your card! I'm not sure why Mt. Holly Springs is named Mount. I lived for 30 years in Maine on Mt. Desert Island (which was an abbreviation for the way the French explorers named the Island of deserted mountains. They have plenty of conifers on them now!) My avatar is actually where I live during the school year, in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is in a valley between FOUR mountain ranges - and there's no Mount in the name. Go figure. I love your handwriting, by the way. Can you tell I'm a school teacher? Best, Chris

389.  Libros - GERMANY
June 7, 2016 - a very sunny day in Darmstadt,Germany
Dear Chrisk, I hope this postcard meets you in a happy mood!  I live in a fairly big town, which has a lot of university students, many parks, and some pretty buildings.  The only thing that's missing is some water, a lake or a river for example.  I always like the smell and sound of it.  Love, Cindy

387.  Norderney, Germany
03.06.16
Here comes greetings from the German North Sea coast.  We live close to the East Foisian island and always try to spend some sunny days on Norderney and Borkum Island.  Happy Postcrossing.

379.  Kiel-Hotenan, GERMANY
17 Mai 2016
11 degrees C. cloudy
Hello Chris, how nice to write this postcard to you.  I hope you will like it.  My name is Tanja (38 y.) and I'm living in a village close to our province capital Kiel and the Baltic Sea.  On this card you can see the old lighthouse on the entrance to the Kiel-Canal.  I like this spot.  There is a very nice cafe with old furniture and you can enjoy a walk and watch the ships coming from the Atlantic or the Baltic Sea.  All the best for you!  Happy Postcrossing.

369.  Bremen, GERMANY
23.5.2016
Hello Chris.  Many greetings from Germany.  My name is Solveig.  I'm 40 years old and I work as a nurse.  I live in a small town in the state of Lowe, Saxony, near the town of Bremen.  I love reading books and I sing in a choir since many years.  Books, music, and chocolate makes me always happy!  I wish you all the best and nice postcards.

368.  LOVEPARADE Concert in Essen, Germany
May 29, 2016
20 degrees C and sunny

Hello Chris, nice to meet you!  My name is Heidi and I live in the Ruhr Area in Germany.  I'm 57 years old and I work as a technical consultant for internet communications.  Wish you all the best!  Greetings, Heidi

357.  Germany
10.5.16
Hello Chris, my name is Petra and I live in the middle of Germany in a town called Friedberg (Hessen).  I live here with my 43 years old mother in our own house.  Last week I drive to Dresden, my mom wished to see the big church there.  All the best, Petra

353.  Blick von der Fischerinsel auf das Nikolaiviertal, GERMANY
Hello Classy.  My name is Nikita.  I am 29 years old and live in Bruggerbracht by the Life help work in HPZ orientation group.  (??? Those seem to be the words written...)  My hobbies are pottery, swimming, gymnastics, and Harry Potter.  Greetings from Ken.  Happy New Year.  Nikita.

352.  Munster, Germany
10.5.16  Hello.  My name is Inanya and I live in Munster, Germany.  This card shows you my lovely hometown.  When the weather is sunny you can see many balloons in the sky.  Some have a special shape, like a giant bottle ... Best wishes, Inanya

344.  Altes Schwarzwaldhaus, GERMANY
May 10th, 2016
Hello Chris, the card I chose for you shows young girls in their typical old costumes of our regions, the Black Forest."  In the background is an old farmhouse, now a museum.  Best wishes, Gunter

343.  Potsdam, GERMANY
14th May 2016
Hi Chris, this is a friendly hello from Denise, 52, from Germany.  I'm sending a card of my ex-hometown Potsdam, close to which I still live.  the New Palace is one of the beautiful palaces in Sanssouce Park (UNESCO).  One of its main rooms was recently re-opened after restoration.  Maybe you could send me a nice viewcard of your placi in return?  Thnaks a lot, all the best and happy postcrossing, Denise. (I did send her a card in return, one of the seaside in Ogunquit, Maine.

342.  Wuppertal, Schwebebahn, GERMANY
17th May 2016
Hello Greetings from Germany!
City of Wuppertal is the "secret capital" of Bergischesland (low hills country).  Which is famous for its overhead raliway called SCHWEBEBAHN.  Se more on Youtube!
Best wishes, alles Gute, Josef

327.  Grusse aus Osnabruck (Greetings from Osnabruck) Germany
Greetings. 
 For many years, Osnabruck has been know as the "Friedensstadt" (City of Peace).  Ever since it was so instrumental in the signing of the Treaty of Westphaolia in 1648 which ended the Thirty Year's War. Some signigficant figures associated with Osnabruck are Erich Maria Remarque, a writer born in the city in 1898 who is best known for his novel "All Quiet on the Western Front", and the Jewish painter Felix Nussbaum, who was born here in 1904 but tragically murdered in Auschwitz in 1944
8/5/2016  Anke

325.  Erlangen, Germany's Public Library
 4.5.2016
Hello.  My name is Claudia and I live in Erlangen with 105,000 inhabitants and 39,000 students. In front you see part of out "new town" built in the 17th century in baroque style.  The building is today our public library.  The first owner of the building never lived there, later it was used as a bank, police station....  Greetings, Claudia

324.  Chamois in Germany
08.05.16
Hi boys and girls,  In the sout of Germany in the gib mountains there are many of these typical animals called chamois.  Do you have them in the United States, too?  Wishing you all the best, Martina
315.  Landsberg am Lech, Germany
2016 - 04 - 14
15 degrees C, sunshine
Hello, Best regards from Landsberg near Munich in Bavaria.  Linja

215.  Pellworm, Germany
Reetdachhaus auf Perlworm in Nordfriesland
Thatched roof house in Perlworm in North Frisia
Hello Chris,  I live in Wilten.  Pellworm, an island in teh North Sea, is 350 km north from here as the crow flies.  I like its unique houses and traditional roofs.  Wishing you well, Regina

No comments: