Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards from India

1906.  India
Agra Fort, located on the right bank of the Yamuna River, built in red sandstone, covering a length of 2.5 kms and surrounded by a moat, encloses several palaces, towers, and mosques.  These were built from the 16th century onwards till the early 18th century by the Mughal Emperors.  The impressive structures built within the precincts of the fort are the Khas Mahal, the Shish Mahal, Muhamman Burje (an octagonal tower), Diwan-i-Khas, Diwan-i-Am, white marble mosque or the Pearl Mosque and the Nagini Masjid.  These monuments are remarkable for the fusion of Persian art and the Indian art form.  It was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1982 as a cultural monument.
Hi, I am Bharatkumar from India.  I collect and exhibit stamps, coins, notes, and postcrossing cards.  Happy and Healthy postcrossing, Have a nice day.  

1801.  Mughal Empire Painting
Girl Holding a Calf, 1700-1750
Dear Christine, So sorry the original card got lost!  I do not even remember what i wrote to you there.  Good think I'm not terribly fond of my blank pcs....I'm not sure which it is which go lost...thanks for letting me know.  Hope this one has better luck.  RooBaRoo

1290.  Agra, India
Wow!  Your taste in books is eclectic, & mine is very similar!  I should spend some time on your review blog.  Have you read "The Automatic Detective" by A. Lee Martinez?  Another crazy cool teen book I really liked was "The Snarkout Boys & The Avocado of Death."  Sherl

1250.  India
"And in that moment I swear we were infinite."
This is an illustrations of a quote from a book I'm reading now!  The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  Hope you like it.  Sheethal.

1240.  Arunachal Pradesh, India
Buddhist Monastery
Dear Chris,  Greetings from India.  I am from Chennai, one of the major cities in India.  Here we speak Tamil, one of the longest surviving languages in the world.  This card features a Buddhist monastery in the state of Arunachel Prodesh in India.  Wish you and your family a happy life.  Love from India. 25.02.2018

1120.  India
Hi Chris, I am a 3 year old boy (and the photo attached is of a 3 year old boy!)from Kerala, the southern state of India.  Sending you this PL card.  Hope you like it.  With warm regards, Thomas

811.  India
Butea Monosperma (Palash) :  Flame of the Forest, commonly known as Palash, Tesu etc. is native to India.  It is a medium-siuzed tree, 20 - 40 feet high.  The flowers are 2.5 cm. long, bright orange-red.   It is said that the tree is a form of Agni Dev, the God of Fire.  It was a punishment given to Him by Goddess Parvati for disturbing her and Lord Shiva's privacy.  The tree has lent its name to the town of Palashi in West Bengal, famous for the historic Battle of Plassey fought here.  The flowers are used to prepare a traditional Holy colour.  It is also used as a dyeing colour for fabric.  India Post has brought out a stamp on this flower.

730.  Karnataka, India
Mysore Palace
Greetings from India!  I'm Shalmali from Bangalou and I love travelling, reading, watching movies.  My hobbies include collecting coins, banknotes, souvenirs of different countries.  Have a nice day and all the best for your future endeavors.  Best wishes, Shalmali

655.  India: The Nicobar Pigeon
The Nicobar pigeon is found on small islands and in coastal regions from the Nicobar Islands of India through the Malay Archipelago, to the Solomons andPaulau.  It is the only living member of the genus Caloenas and the closest living relative of the extinct dodo.  It is a large pigeon,measuring 40 cm (15.75 inches) in length.  It is a very vocal species, giving a low-pitched repetitive call.  The species nests in dense forest on offshore islets, often in large colonies.  It builds a loose stick nest in a tree.  Status:  Near Threatened
Greetings from India.  My name is Soorya and I live in the southern part of India.  I'm a homemaker and my husband is a retired railway engineer.  Hope you like the card.  I'm a keen philatelist and love cross-stitching.  Soorya

646.  Akshardham Temple of New Delhi, India
where art is ageless, culture is borderless, values are timeless.
You are the Stone, Chisel and Sculptor.
This is a very oversized card, with lots of information AND my name written in Hindi!
21 October 2016
I hope you are happy with this postcard and also the postage stamps.  This is from the famous and beautiful Akshardham Temple of New Delhi.  I hope you like the wonderful message it gives.  I am an electrical engineer living with my family in hte capital of India.  I love food!  You may see my blog (zomato.com/foodydude) Sending you greetings and joy from India!  Mahendra

550.  India
Hello Chris,
Greetings from INDIA!  Hope this card finds you in good health and happiness.  My name is RENU and I'm fromt eh southern state of KERALA in India.  There are 22 officially recognised languages in India and the languag of Kerala is Malayalam.  This is our script: < ... >
Hope you like this card.  have a wonderful day.  Warmest wishes, Renu

469.  Old temple doors in Pushkar, Rajasthan, INDIA
(card from Norway)
Hello!  I have chosen this old door card for you, hope you like it.  This weekend my son turned 21!  He just escaped to Oslo with some friends.  We have had some nice and sunny days now, and I am waiting for my Greek vacation in August.  Thailand is our other preferred vacation land.  All the best!  Inger


423.  Insecta

No comments: