Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Belarus

2029.  Best Wishes from Belarus
hi there!  I hope something good happens to you today.

2025. Belarus
Hello Chris!  My name is Pasha.  When I bought this postcard, I didn't know the painter.  She is from Belarus.  When I saw this postcard...I loved it.  I love Winter!  In this winter I have a plan to learn to ride a snowboard.  Many years I try to learn English...I can't speak in English.  Many people in Russia have a same problem - is so sad. ...but I hope in the future everything will be fine!  This problem will disappear!

1966.  Happy Mail from Minsk, Belarus
Hi!  My name is Nastya.  I'm from Minsk and I'm 23 y.a.  I loke photo (especially film photo), art, cinema, books, and travel.  I'm gam QA.  But I want to be a professional photographer (though bot in y country)
About this postcard:  It's Euphrosyne of Polotsk.  Predlava was born between 1101 and 1104 into Rurik noble family, members of which were the dukes of the principality of Polotsk, in what is modern day Belarus.  She refused all proposals of marriage and without her parents' knowledge, ran away to the convent.  She became a nun and took the name Euphosyne.  She began to live near the Sophia Cathedral, where she spent her time copying books.

1923.  Molodechno, Belarus
Hello Chris.  My name's Olga.  I'm originally from Molodechno, a town with over 90 thousand inhabitants, 75 km from Minsk, the capital of Belarus.  I like art, reading, watching movies, travelling, and cooking (but not so often :) Hope you like this card.  Have fun with postcrossing!  Best wishes, Olga

1913. Minsk, Belarus
MAHILIOV "Monument to the Astrologer"
Greetings from Minsk, Belarus from Ivan and his family.  The postcard shows the beautiful city of Mogilev and its central square of stars.  On this square there is a seven-meter memorial to the stargazer.  According to the sign you need touch to the stargazer.  On a sign in it a huge amount of energy from space gathers, the person will be loaded with good luck for all the works.

815.  Belarus
20 years of postage stamps

743.  View of Pinsk town.  Jesuit College.  Brest region
Hello, best regards and good luck in postcrossing!  I'm Ivan from Minsk, Belarus.

684.  BELARUS
DZIADY (Forefathers)  Budzma Belarusami! campaign knows that Day of the Dead is marked in some form or other all around the world.  However, Belarusians follow a very archaic ritual.  Prone to mysticism, the poet Adam Mickievic was so inspired by this ancient Slavic feast that he wrote a poetic drama under the same  name.  On Dziady day, people serve a commemorative meal, to which they invite the souls of male ancestors, or forefathers (or dziady) by opening the windows wide.  Whatever food is available in the cellar (or nowadays, the fridge), everything is cooked for the feast.  The living family members of the table are allowed to eat only three dishes and drink three shots of alcohol.  Afterwards, everyone recalls the most interesting family stories.  In the morning after Dziady, the left-overs of the evening meal are believed to be eaten by "grandmothers" - the souls of female ancestors.  Probably for the sake of gender balance?
Hi from Belarus!
I found a postcard with the description and symbols of the Day of the Dead in my country.  I hope you will enjoy.  Best wishes, Alex

648.  Belarus
Hello, many greetings from Belarus!  My name is Irina, I'm 44 years old and I live with my family in western Belarus in Hrodna (Grodno) near the borders with Poland (20 km) and Lithuania (30 km).  I hope you like this card.  Irina


586.  Still Life: Festive - Valiarjana Zholtak (1985)  BELARUS
Hi!  My name is Diana.  I live in Belarus.  My hobbies are dancing, different music, photography.  I hope you like this card and stamp for you!  Best wishes from Belarus :)

596.   Oil Painting attributed to Vladimir Hodorovich, Belarus
(looked him up, can't find him on the internet)
Hello Chris!  I am 59 years old.  I was a teacher, now I am retired.  I like to read, to bake, to do gardening.  Let my little angels bring you only good news!
Balina

274.  Belarus Castles
03.04.2016
Greetings from Belarus.  My name is Anna.  I live in wonderful city Minsk with m;y husband Andrew.  We really like traveling and I chose this card for you because it shows the most famous castles of Belarus.  Most of them are UNESCO World Heritage.  I hopy you like this card!  Have a nice day and good luck!

479.  Greetings from Belarus!
Hello Chris, my name is Yana and I live in Belarus.  My country is in the centre of Europe, near Russia.  Actgually, we speak Russian, but we have our national language tgoo - Belarussian.  Our symbols are teh bird-stork and the flower - vasilek.   sometimes people from other countries call our country "Blye eyes," because we have a lot of lakes and rivers.  We also have a lot of castles and our national animals -zubrs (they look like bisons).  Thank you for the interest in my country.

415.  Vitedsk, Belarus
Hello!  My name is Dasha, I'm 20.  I study at the university in the field of history.  Postcrossing addiction, I enjoy reading, Belarus: an ethnography and medicine, history, traditions, rituals, cuisine.  Oh my country is very interesting and colorful.  My country has passed many tests in the form of wars, conquests, the change of power.  Our architecture is very distinctive and is not inferior to European.  For more information you can get acquainted with my country on this site: www.belarus.by  The postcard shows the view of the city of Vitedsk - the northern capital of Belarus.  Regards!

No comments: