Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Canada

2058.  Alberta, Canada
Prince of Wales Hotel, Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, Canada
Built in 1925, the Prince of Wales Hotel has a commanding view of mountains and lakes.
It has been years since I've taken part in Postcrossing, around 11 yrs., probably, so I am sending you a postcard from Waterton National Park.  Sorry my city does not have postcards.  WAterton is a 2 hrs. drive from where I live.  Such a great town with mountains, a lake, a handfull of stores, plenty of nature and a bunch of wildlife!
My town is Airdne, but it is not like Waterton although we still see the mountains and also prairies and hills where I live.  
I like spring.  Everything is blooming here and looking so pretty  Leaves blooming on trees, grass turning green, dandelions coming up.  It's a beautiful time of the year.  Jodie

2039.  Greetings from Vancouver, British Columbia
My first job was as a page in the city library.  I absolutely loved it!  I got to decorate the children's reading area, look at neat books as I put them away, and my friends could always visit.  I hope that you like this card.  Happy Spring!

1985.  Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The amazing totem poles in Stanley Park
Hi - how are you?  Here are some "wild" animals of a different sort!  Stanley Park has a collection of Aboriginal creativity, talent & art.  We are also lucky to have such a park in Vancouver.  The park can be used year round - except for the pools.  One uses sea water in the summer, so you can swim "in the ocean" without the waves.  I have been to Arizona many times and explored most of it.  I was surprised the first time to find how much AZ changed N to S.  Came to appreciate, though.  All the best, Susan

1280.  Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
An aerial view of Vancouver's inner harbor with the downtown core, Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge.  Swapbot: Random PC International
Hi!  I am Vancouver born and raised, but now live an hour east of the city in the burbs.  

1106.  Provinces of CANADA
Hello Chris, I am a junior high school teacher, but still 7 - 8 years away from retirement.  I teach social studies and phys. ed.  A job at the library sounds like a great "after teaching" job - still get to work with kids, but no lesson planning!  I just picked up some overproduced Halloween stamps.  I hope you like the one I've affixed to the card.  Happy Christmas and all the best in '18.  Curt

1076.  Toronto, Canada
Hi Chris.  Greetings from Toronto, Canada.  I am also a recently retired primary teacher (sp. ed.).  I had a peek at your website link in your profile and have to wonder if you know Canada's beloved poet Dennis Lee.  His poem THE MUDDY PUDDLE is delightful.  Google it!!  This card is by American artist Judith Sparks.  It's cool, Isn't it?
I wish you lots of lovely cards.  Happy holidays & happy postcrossing.  (I have a good friend in Carlisle, PA!)  Shelley

1029.  Alberta, Western Canada
Hi Chris, I'm Katie from Alberta in Western Canada.  By education I am an historian of early Medieval Europe...but these days I manage a medical clinic.  I loved grad school, especially TAing, but found my own work rather boring.  Better as a hobby!  all the best, Katie

910.  Canada
Hey Chris, I live to travel too!!  I've been to about 29 countries so far (including your beautiful country) and I'm not looking to stop anytime soon.  Hope you like this postcard.


812.  Alberta, CANADA
"April and June dig up an old friend"

Happy 241st birthday to your awesome country!!  America doesn't look a day over 200, she's aging beautifully.  Canada turned 150 on July 1st, but that's not as impressive at 241.  Eat a hotdog and light some fireworks for me!

796.  Northeast Ontario, CANADA
Greetings from NE Ontario.  Today is your big holiday - we celebrated Canada Day on July 1st.  It's our 150th, so celebrations all year.  It's a beautiful day, sunny & 30 degrees C, we've had a lot of rain so the is welcome!  Hpe your mailbox is full of great postcards!

666.  Vancouver, British Columbia,  Canada
"From Sea to Saa : Provinces, Territories & their Capitals
Hello from your neighbours to the North.  My name is Melissa and I am from Vancouver, Canada.  I am currently 26-years-old and I live here with my family.  We have one dog named Jake.  My hobbies include postcrossing, reading, blogging, and playing video games.  I hope that you like this card.  Take care.


508.  Port Moody, British Columbia, CANADA
Hello!  Greetings from the north!  I live in the small city of Port Moody, which is near Vancouver in the lower mainland of BC.  I'm very happy to call it home.  Carmen 

502.   Alberta, CANADA
Greetings from Alberta, Canada.  Hope this made you smile.  Have a Great Day!  David

489.  St. John's, Newfoundland, CANADA
Hi Chris,
Greetings from St. John's NL in Canada.  I get a kick out of this card because it's so 'stereotypical Canada' but being from Maine you are probably familiar.
    I hope you're having a great day!  Sabina
339.  The Cranberry Lady, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hello grade 4 class in Tucson, Arizona!  I am from a suburb of Vancouver, BC.  Here we grow most of the cranberries in the world.  Isn't it such a strange way that they are harvested?  Do you like cranberry sauce with your turkey?   They were probably grown here for "Ocean Spray"!
May 8/16

328.  Winnipeg: Canada's Natural Beauty
A Postage-Paid Canadian Postcard
07/05/2016
Hello from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!  Winnipeg is the capital of the Province of Manitoba.  The building on this card is the government building with a "golden boy" on top of the dome - it was a gift from France.
Happy Postcrossing, Vera

299. Think Skink
Ontario, Canada
Common Five-lined skinks have the ability to "drop" their tails if grasped in order to escape.  The moving tail gragment will distract the predator while the skink escapes.  The missing tail with grow back over time, but will not be the same colour or length as before.  The Common Five-lined Skink is Ontario's ONLY lizard and they are a species at risk. 
Hello!  I love telling people about Canada.  I hope that some day you can visit the "Great White North".  I love camping at Pinery Park!
31% of Canada is forest...
Canada has more lakes than all other countries combined!
and...
20% of the world's fresh water is in Canada.

No comments: