Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Latvia

523.  Latvia
Hallo, Chris!  Greetings from Latvia!  this is River Irbe in west part of Latvia, Kurzeme.  Kurzeme is special place for me - I love being there!  In ancient times it was Duchy of Courland.  Duke Jacob  in 17th century even tried to colonize 2 islands in Carribean.  Now Kurzeme is cultural region of Latvia, full with traditions, history, and fairytales.  Have a nice day!  Marina

401.  Lift Your Eyes!  Latvia
Dear Chris, my name is Ilze and I am 27.  I am writing you from Riga, Latvia.  It is a rural country in the northern Europe between the Baltic Sea and Russia.  Here we are only 2 million people.  We speak Latvian and we like to pick berries and mushrooms in the forest.  We also like the sea and everything about it.  We have cold winters and short summers but the nature id wonderful.  Have a nice summer!

No comments: