Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Latvia

1975.  Riga, Latvia
Hello!  My name is Taiga.  I'm retired and I live in Riga, capital of Latvia.  Have a great day!

917.  Riga, Latvia
"Latvia Postboxes."
Hello!  Greetings from Riga, Latvia.  My name is Ilze.  I'm system analyst in stat e-services portal and my hobbies are reading books, dancing Afro-Latino dances, crocheting, hiking, and traveling.  In September I will go to vacation to Sardinia, Italy.  I hope it will be great!  With best wishes, Ilze.


804.  Riga, LATVIA
"Castle of Light" - Latvia's National Library
Greetings from Riga, Latvia.  This building is our new National Library (called the Castle of Light).  It was opened in 2014 and now is an important landmark in the cityscape.  Maija.

523.  Latvia
Hallo, Chris!  Greetings from Latvia!  this is River Irbe in west part of Latvia, Kurzeme.  Kurzeme is special place for me - I love being there!  In ancient times it was Duchy of Courland.  Duke Jacob  in 17th century even tried to colonize 2 islands in Caribbean.  Now Kurzeme is cultural region of Latvia, full with traditions, history, and fairytales.  Have a nice day!  Marina

478.  Latvia
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Latvia.  My name is Zanda.  I live in the Latvian apital Riga together with my 3 children and 4 hamsters.  My hobby is collecting interesting candles and various things with angels.  In my collection is more than 500 variety of andles.  Zanda  20.07.2016

425.  Summertime Greetings from Latvia
This postcard and the words of wisdom are for you:
"Give every day the change to become the most beautiful of your life."  Mark Twain
Have a beautiful day filled with happiness and love, Inguna 19.06.16

401.  Lift Your Eyes!  Latvia
Dear Chris, my name is Ilze and I am 27.  I am writing you from Riga, Latvia.  It is a rural country in the northern Europe between the Baltic Sea and Russia.  Here we are only 2 million people.  We speak Latvian and we like to pick berries and mushrooms in the forest.  We also like the sea and everything about it.  We have cold winters and short summers but the nature id wonderful.  Have a nice summer!

No comments: