Sunday, August 18, 2024

Indigo Hexie Flower Quilt

 Once I got to Dede's and we went into Bay Quilts I got a brainstorm about how I want to finish my appliqued grandmother's flower garden quilt!  This is what they had displayed:

I instantly fell in love.
And I even want to slow stitch it!

So I started collecting indigo-colored quarter yard strips for my backgrounds.  Dede had six or seven scraps, and I purchased a handful more while I was in California, because OF COURSE we went to a quilt shop or two!
  I'll start with an 8-inch square, then cut it down to 7.5 or maybe even 7 inches unfinished after I've appliqued on my single-row hexie flower.

As of today, I've got 18 finished!
The new Ott Light I bought REALLY helps.  Appliqueing with thread as the same color of the flower worked best. It's so much fun and going really fast.

No comments: