Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wordless Picture Books

I'm making a collection of wordless picture books for my fourth graders to use for writing.  I've found some magnificent ones (Barbara Lehman is one of my new favorite illustrators!) and I'll keep adding them as I get the chance.

I'm also hoping that before the end of the school year I'll be able to add a bit of my students' writing

Goodreads has a LISTOPIA listing of wordless books here.

Cordell, Matthew - Explorers (4)
Donovan, Jane Monroe - Small, Medium & Large (4)
Frazee, Marla - The Farmer and the Clown (4)
Hare, John - Field Trip to the Moon (5)
Hogrogian, Nonny - Cool Cat (3.5)
Lehmann, Barbara  - Red Book, The (4.5)
..........Secret Box, The (4)
..........Trainstop (3)
McDonnell, Patrick - South (4.5)
McPhail, David - No! (4)
Newman, Jeff - The Boys (4)
Nyeu, Tao - Wonder Bear (2.5)
Paul, Alison - Sunday Love (3.5)
Pinkney, Jerry - Lion and the Mouse, The (5)
Staake, Bob - Bluebird (1.5)
Thomson, Bill - Chalk (5)
..........Fossil (4)
Van Ommen, Sylvia - The Surprise (4.5)
Varon, Sara - Chicken and Cat Clean Up (3.5)
Wiesner, David - Flotsam (5)
..........Tuesday (5)
..........Mr. Wuffles (3)

No comments: