Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Poland

2073.  Yelenia Gora, Poland
Muzeum Gross Rosen W Rogoznicy
Gross Rosen Museum in Rogoznica
This is a former Nazi Concentration CAMP!!!!!
My name is Mariola.  I come from Poland.  I live in a city Yelenia Gora.  It is beautiful place.  I don't speak in English very well and I like to get postcards.

1987.  Poland
Hello Chris!  I'm 24 y.o. girl from Poland which very like read a books.  My best writer is Carlos Ruiz Zafon from Spain.  Wish you only sunny days and ... Happy Postcrossing!

1972.  Poland
Hello, My name is Barbara and I live in a small town in the southern Poland.  I love books especially classic ones, detective stories, and popular science about nature etc.  I'f just finished "The Curious World of Calpurnia Tate" by Jacqueline Kelly.  It's about a young girl who lives in American in the turn of the 19th and 20th century.  Very interesting!  Best Wishes,
AND
1072.  POLAND
Autumn greetings from Poland!  This card background shows my favourite region in Poland - Tatra Mountains!  I love to visit them whenever I have an opportunity!  Olga.


2021.  Krakow, Poland - The Cloth Hall
GR PC August, 2019
This year I had a chance to read some interesting books:
Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Stiff:  The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Best regards from Poland, Elizabeth (Biker Mouse on GR)

1949.  Old Jewish Cemetery in Wroclaw, POLAND
Stary Cemntarz Zydowski Muzeum Sztuki Cmentarnej
Odzial Muzeum Miejskiego Wroclawia
I am sending you a postcard depicting The Old Jewish Cemetery in Wroclaw, old medieval city in southwestern Poland.  I lie and work in Warsaw.  Best, Marek

1931.  Poland
Old Padlock
Czesci Hello!
My name is Olivia.  I'm 8 years old.  I'm from Poland, from a small town called Olevnica.  My favorite animal is a hamster.  I like watching movies, listening listening to music and I like to ride a bike.  My dad is helping me with the postcard.  Regands, Olivia

1911.  Sopot, Poland, on the Baltic Sea coast
Hello Chris!  I'm Natalia (33 y.o.) and I live with my husband and two lovely children (3 and 6 y.o.) in Sopot, a touristic city on the Baltic Sea coast.  Today here in Sopot is -6 degrees C (21 F) and it is snowing.  My children are going on a sled.  Wish you all the best in 2019!  Natalia

1174.  Poland
Hello Chris!  Thanks you for registering my lost postcard (the lost postcard is the one above).  Here is a second one for you.  (It is of a book and rose with the quote from Umberto Eco:  "Who reads books, he lives a double.")  I am pensioner and after stroke I have troubles with handwriting.  Let me know when you receive this postcard.  With love, Halina

1134.  Krakow, Poland

1035.  Wroctaw, Poland
I'm Kamila and I'm a student living in Wroctow, Poland.  I've recently found a new hobby - sewing.  I'm really excited about it!  I hope you like this postcard.  Have a nice day, Kamila

941.  POLAND
Hello from Poland!  My name is Jycjan and I'm 9 years old, 4th grade student.  Same like you, I love reading books!  But also love maths and playing chess.  I do travel with my mom :)
AND
665.  Poland
Hello Chris, Greetings from Poland!  I'm MoAyus.  I'm 20.  I live in Siemiqnowice Slzskie.  I  hope you will like this postcard.  :)

867.  Poland
Hello Chris.  My name is Susan, I'm 34 and live in Poland.  I'm interested in fitness and a healthy lifestyle.  I love coffee, postcrossing and reading books.  2017-07-31

808.  Torun, Northern Poland
How are you doing?  I also like books and libraries - the atmosphere in there is special and so calming.  My 9 years old son's name is Chris.  I am trying to learn him that books are very important part of our life.  I hope he'll love books as much as I do.

789.  Nowy Klincz, POLAND
"Summer Reading"
Greetings for Poland!  My name is Agnieszka and I love to read, too.  Usually I read fantasy novels.  I work in health & beauty shop as an assistant manager, but I hope that it's only a temporary job.  My dream is to become a writer - very good and famous of course. 

780.  Poland
Self-portrait: Karolina Pieton
I want to tell you about my favourite Polish series of books:  The Witcher by Andrej Sapkowski.  He has creted a cycle of tales based on the world of the Witcher, which was published in fantasy literary magazine "Fantastylia", comprising 3 collections of short stories and 5 novels.  The main character is Geralt, a mutant who has been trained since childhood to hunt down an destroy monsters for the money.  Against all appearances he's very sensitive and governed by knightly code.  Computer games of The Witcher created by CD Project Red are based on this series.  I'm so happy that these books have been adapted by Netflix.  Have you read this series of books?  With best wishes.  7/5/17

658.5  Itza
(an extra card with 658 & 659 mailed in envelope from Germany)
Hi!  It's funny, but I and my wife write to you just the same postcard.  So, you have from us third postcard ;)  Once again all the best, P. Wolf

618.  Stack of Books - Poland
Hi Chris,
I'm Ksenia and now I live in Kradow Poland, but originally I'm from Russia.  I like travelling and reading.  And I prefer paper books to electronic ones.  It is cool to take a new book :).
Hope you'll like the card.
Best wishes, Ksenia

557.  Greetings from Poland
Hello Chris!!!
My name is Paulina.  I'm 20 years old.  I live in small village in southwest side of Poland.  I send you a postcard from my holidays.  I was in Pobierowo.  I love his place because there is Baltic Sea.

517.  Zamosc, Poland
Hello Chris!  I'm Paulina, 23, from Poland.  I study at university of technology.  This card shows my native town.  It's a beautiful old town.  This year I'm getting married!
Take care, Paula

511.  Poland, Gdynia; 28 06 2016
Warmest greetings from Poland, Magdelana
Welcome to Poland - a country famous for the hospitality of cordiality of its people, delicious cuisine and beautiful colours during all seasons of the year.
the positive changes that have taken place in recent years are bound to make your stay in Poland even more eventful :-)  So come :-) ...You have a lot of spare time?  That's easily taken care of.  Especially that the possibilities are varied and huge; mountain hikes, water sports (Baltic Sea has amazing beaches), horse riding and cycling tourism, modern cinemas, and the best quality in entertainment.  These are only some of the many possibilities.  Poland has survived centuries of conflict to emerge as a proud, independent country, ready to assume her new role in modern history.  Visitors to Poland are discovering what the locals have long known, that Poland is a country rich in fine culture, scenic landscapes and extraordinary historical sites.  Whether exploring the nation's vibrant cities, the lakes and forest of her picturesque countryside or some of the other tourist attractions in Poland, visitors are sure to bring away rich memories.  PS.  And so delicious food - you have to try :-)

446.  Stary Cmentrz Zydowski Museum Szuki Cmentarnej
Dear Chris,  My name is Sophie, I'm 19 years old and moved to Poland in September for a one year voluntary service.  Actually I'm from Germany but till September I'm living in Osure U'm (Auschwitz), where I work with youths who are learning about Auschwitz and the Holocaust.  Before WWII there were over 3 million Jews in Poland.  That's why you can find Jewish cemeteries in any cities like in Wroclaw (see the ad).  I have often been to Jewish cemeteries in Poland and I am really happy that most of them were restored after they had been destroyed by the Nazis.  Although the issues I have to deal with at work are not easy, I enjoy my work and I learn a lot.  Moreover I'm meeting a lot of new people, also from the US sometimes.  There I realized some interesting cultural differences between Americans and Germans/Poles:  All the Americans I meet always ask, "How are you" (though you don't know each other).  Moreover they often say "that's awesome."  In Germany people only ask "how are you" if they know each other and even then not always.  You don't often hear a German phrase for "that's awesome" either, I guess people would rather nod their head or say "hmm."  Well, that's an impression I got and I can't say if it is always like this....but anyway I thing it's interesting.  Sophie

319.  Gdansk, Poland
Hi!  Warm greetings from Poznan, one of the largest cities in Poland.  I'm a legal trainee and I want to become an attorney in the future.  I love almost every kind of active spending time e/q/ hiking, cycling, skiing, or canoeing.  I hope that you'll like this postcard pictureing Gdansk, the city in northern Poland.  Wish you all the best!  Bartosz
(this was sent in an envelope)

318.  Nighttime Reading
Greetings from Poland
04.05.2016

No comments: