Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards Received from Illinois

409.  Illinois Railway Museum; Union, Illinois
Hi Chris!  I'm a college student in Chicago, majoring in elementary education.  I'll be student teaching starting in January.  I would like tot teach first through fourth grades once I finish school, but I'm flexible!  Take care, Matt


457.  National Portrait Gallery:  Dame Ethel Mary Smyth (John Singer Sargent)
Hello from Chicago area.  My name is Mila.  I have two wonderful kids, who keep me busy all the time.  Along with this card I'm sending you peace, happiness, and wealth!  Best regards, Mila

505. Chicago, Illinois
Mary Stevenson Cassatt (American, 1844 - 1926)
Mrs. Duffee Seated on a Striped Sofa, Reading, 1876
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Hi Chris!  Congrats on your retirement, I hope you're loving it!  I love that you mentioned in your bio that you loave to drink ice-cold Diet Coke.  Thaq's my big vice as well!  Sometimes with a lemon in it if I'm feeling fancy.  I hope you like this postcard - Mary Cassatt is one of my favorite American painters.  Hope you're having a lovely summer!
Anna

No comments: