Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Indonesia

This has got to be my favorite, all-time postcard:
132.  Received 12/8/15
Probably one of my all-time favorites

1238.  Indonesia
Hello, Chris.  Greetings from Indonesia!
My name is Zi and I've been dreaming to visit America one day.  Hopefully someday it can come true. Lol.
I've read that you're now working in a library?  Woah, that's so cool!  I love library, always spend my free time ther after school.  It's rather unfortunate that recently many local libraries in my town closed down.  They usually sold their collection to neighborhood people, and I ended up buying a bunch.  Hahaha.
Nice to know you!  Best wishes.

1196.  Erevelden in Indonesie
"Honor Fields in Indonesia"
sent from The Netherlands
My name is Marina.  I love walking and visiting cities in the Netherlands.  I also love to go to quiet places just to enjoy nature.  My husband has Parkinsons and cannot go with me.  I am very busy with photography.  Best Wishes,

1137.  Caves of Indonesia
Warm greetings from warm country, Indonesia!  Happy New Year!!! Wishing you good health, happiness, and success in the coming year and always.  Annisa

954.  Jakarta, Indonesia
Hello  Apa Kabar?  (How are you?  Do you like reading?  I love to read detective novels with unpredictable endings.  Since you like books, here I send you with kid of theme postcard.

698.  Postcrossing Indonesia - Batam
Hello.  I am Ucy.  I live in Batam City, but my hometown is Bukithngsi city, west of Sumatra province.  I like to collect stamps, coins, banknotes, and I like to crochet.  I hope you like this card.  Happy Postcarduniting!

637.  Jawa Timur,  Indonesia
Hello, Greetings to you.   Hope you'll be elated by this card.

607.  Floatings Town - Indonesia
Hi Chris...
Greetings from Indonesia.  I am Ayu.  I also really like reading so much.  But lately I just can't keep up, he he.  So I read the simple ones like Harlequin romance, he he.  have a great day!  Ayi Dai

580.  Indonesia
Open air funerals in Tana Toraja, South Celebes
Hello Chris,
Greetings from Indonesia.  My name is Nisa and I live in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia.  yesterday, we just celebrate our independence day.  This postcard shows you a "graveyard" in Toraja.  They have such a unique funeral ceremony.  If someone died, they will keep the body for sometime and one day, in the ceremony, the dead body will walk by his own to his graveyard.  They say it's magic.  I can't explain any logical explanation for this.  You can search "The Walking Corpses."  Have a nice day!  Nisa

551.  Indonesia
Dear Chris,
I hope this is not the type of postcard you avoid :).  Hopefully, this is not too vintage for you.  Happy postcrossing!  Greeting from Indonesia.  Bask

487.  Colours of Medan, Indonesia
Hello!  APA Kabar?  How are you?  Greeting from Indonesia.   Happy Postcard Unititn!!!
Mina
Medan City is the capital of North Sumatra Province, Indonesia.  Interesting places are Sun Plaza, Medan Post office, Misjid Raya, Red Cross building and Kualanamu Airport.

486.  Pon XIX Jawa Barat 2016 - Indonesia
Hi Chris,
Greetings from Indfonesia.  My name is Krisna.  I really want to visit your country.  The Liberty status is really famous - Happy Postcarduniting!  Krisna


442.  Virgin Waterfalls, Nungnung, Plaga, BALI
I really hope you like this card.  Best Wishes, Andrea from Jawa Timur, Indonesia

405.  Jarkarta, Indonesia
Hello Chris, I am Sititie. Greetings from equator.
Most people in Indonesia eat rice as a main food, that's why farmers do rice planting to provide enough rice.  Here we do in traditional way as you see in postcard.  When harvesting season comes, they also cut the paddy with manual, not by machine.
Best wishes &Happy Postcrossing.
Regards:  Sititie

No comments: