Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Russia

2131.  From Russia with love!
Good day!  Hello dear Mrs. Chris Graves!  I'm pleased to greet you from Russia.  Once I was lucky enough to travel around the USA.  I like your country, people, and culture.  I love to read and I have a very large home library.  I also love nature and my little garden.  Wishing you and your family peace and happiness!  Best wishes and Good luck!  Alexander

2129.  Hello from Russia!
My name is Liukov.  I live in cultural capital in Saint Petersburg.  I like music and coffee.  It helps me in all cases.  So my favorite season is autumn.  I think rain is good for coffee and music.  :)

2077.  Metro Station, Novoslobodskaya
Hello!  My name is Tatyana.  I am from Russia, I live in Tula.  I love nature.  I love painting and listening to the gramaphone.  I wish you prosperity and health!  Take care of yourself and your loved ones.  

2049.  Leningrad, St. Isaac's Square, 
In the distance: the building of the Leningrad City, Soviet
Hello.  This is a 1961 postcard.  This is the historical part of the city of St. Petersburg.  I work near this place and often go there.  This photo is taken fro the famous St. Isaac's Cathedral.  Uzopo (Igor) 5/5/21

1989.  Ufa, Russia
Hello Chris, I'm Ildar from Ufa, Russia, and work for an oil service company.  Best wishes.

1970.  Russia
madambarbatsutsa "The final flourish"
Greetings from Russia!
I'm Natalya, live in Zlatoust.  Our town is famous for masters of steel engraving.  Many tourists come here to go hiking in the National Park Taganay.  You can see high mountains, green forests and breathe fresh air.  I wish you bright and hot summer days!  Good luck!  Best wishes, 


1969.  Happy Birthday from Russia
Hello!  My name is Maria.  I live in the northern region of Russia - the city of Arkhangelsk.  I congratulate you on your birthday.  I wish to be surrounded by loved ones, do what brings pleasure, shine with happiness, joy, inspiration and love!  Happy postcrossing!  

1960.  Moscow, Russia
Bello and greetings from Moscow, Russia~  I hope you'll like the card although it falls into the book category loosely.  Edgar Poe's one of my favourite authors, so I decided to grasp this chance and show him the world :)  Wish you all the best.

1950.  St Petersburg, RUSSIA
Postcrossing Meet-Up
 23.03.19

1919.  Moscow, Russia
Room in New York, 1932, Edward Hopper
Zdravstuii!  Greetings from Moscow.  I like Japanese manga, calligraphy.  I learn Japanese so I read Harry Potter in Japanese :) Easy and fun!  Have a nice day, Raisa

1912.  Russia
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Russia!  My mom worked at the library when I was a kid and I spent there lots of time.  I love reading.  My friends and I are meeting from time to time to discuss books.  Best wishes, Nina
 1808.  Happy Birthday!
Hello Chris!  A lot of greetings from Russia!  Hope you enjoy this card and wish you magic and happy Birthday!  Take care, Yulia

1355.  Emperor Nikolay II with the heir Czarevich Alexey
Hello, Chris!
I send you a historical card.  Nikolay II was one of the first state figures, who raised a question of global disarmament.  The end of Romanovs' ruling is tragic.  All the family was executed in Ekaterinburg at the night from 16 til 17 July 1918.
So, happy postcrossing!

1354.  Happy Postcrossing!
I live in the old Russian city of Bryansk.  It's famous for its beautiful landscapes and churches.  I hope you'll like my post card with matroskkas.  Tatyana

1304.  Sochi, Russia
25 July 2018
Special for Sochi Postcrossing Club.
Smile this day.  On this card is not the chemistry, but Sochi Olympic park at Evening - Anna
Hello from Sochi!  Happy Postcrossing - Yuliya
25.07.2018 - Allencurf
30 degrees & sunny - Locki



1272.  "I Was Kissed by a Teen-Aged Monster Last Night -"
Russia
Hello Chris!  I love Halloween!  We don't have it in Russia, but Halloween is really awesome!  We have "Swyatik," it's not a holiday, although there is a resemblance.  I think correct name - Yule (but there are differences)  During this period we conjure, tell fortunes and call spirits.  Sounds strange, I know, but it's funny.  Have you read The onster and the Marganita?  I adore Behecter the cat!  Love, Marcia
I don't find postcard with Day of the Dead, but I have skull stickers....

1268.  St. Petersburg, Russia
Hello, Chris.  My name is Viktor.  I live in St. Petersburg, Russia.  Sending a postcard almost with a bird - eagle from the US emblem.  Perhaps you are interested in the most leftist mark.  It was the emblem of the oldest city of Russia - Derbent-?? city is 2500 years old (opinions of scientists differ) Good Luck!  Viktor.

1267.  St. Petersburg,, Russia
Hi Chris!  I'm a teacher, too, but it's a pity, now I'm not working by profession :(  I completed university as a teacher of Russian language and literature, but (it is so sad) teachers in Russia don't raise enough money to live.  I want to see the world, that's why I'm working in huge company as manager (product manager).  I wish to go to American some day and see an ocean.
Wish you the best, Varya xoxo

1260.  Manezhnaya Square, Moscow, RUSSIA
Hi!  My name is Kte and I'm a girl from Russia, Moscow.  I'm 16 years old.  In my spare time I like to dance.
I wish you a good mood and the fulfillment of your desires.  I hope you liked my postcard.  With love from Russia.

1242.  Russia (wish I knew where)
Hello.  My name is Margaret.  I am 8 years old.  I live in the north of Russia.  26.02.2018

1220.  Russia
Hello Chris!  In Russia soon will be a holiday - Maslenitsa, is folk holiday, celebrated during the eighth week before Eastern Orthodox Pascha (Easter).  In Slavic mythology, Maslenitsa is a sun festival, personified by the ancient god Volos, and a celebration of the imminent end of the winter.  The main dish of the holiday is pancakes.  As the culmination of the celebration, people make an effigy of the Maslenitsa (straw) and burn her at the stake.  February, 2018

1170.  Russia
Hello!  My name is Anna.  I live in Russia.  I have a husband and son, 12 y.o.  With us live two Newfoundland dogs, two Maine coon cats, several chickens and ducks.  Happy Postcrossing!

1135.  Moscow, Russia
Moscow State University Main Building
Hello!  My name is Galina from Moscow.  Nice to meet you!  New Year is coming!  This means that my mother will bake pies with cabbage, to prepare a salad "Olivier".  Our home filled with aroma of tangerines!  And I and my husband to travel in Vitedsk and Polock.  Yours, Galina
This is the stamp and postmark that came with this card:

1128.  Russia
Hello dear Chris!  Greeting warm from Moscow - (then there are Russian words) My name is Tania, I'm 44 y.o., married, I have a daughter 19 y.o.  She is a student of pharmacy.  I have my own business - the birds shop for small exotic birds:  finches, gouldians, etc.  All best wishes, be healthy and happy, Tania

1032.  Oblast, Russia
(Handwriting is very ornate and difficult to read)
November, 2017
"So that's what your are, Snowmaiden!" by Tanya Sitaya

1015.  Griboedov Canal, Bank Bridge, St. Petersburg
Hello Chris.  Hope you'll like my card.  Here you can see one of the most beautiful towns in Russia: Saint-Petersburg!  Maybe you've heard of it?  Sezgei. From Russia with love!

973.  Kazan, Russia
My name is Natalia.  I live in the city of Kazan.  I like reading and walking.  Best wishes and Happy postcrossing!

964.  Gagarin, Russia
Good day!  My name is Inna.  I live in Russia, in Moscow.  I was born in the small town of Gagarin.  The city Gagarin is locate in Russia, in Smolensk region.  Gagarin - the birthplace of the first cosmonaut of the world - Yuri Gagarin.  Postcard monument to Yuri Gagarin.  He was killed in a training plane.  In Russia very fond of Gagarin.  In his honor, many streets, monuments and awards.  Date first manned flight into space on 12.04.1961.  In Russia 12 April is the cosmonautics Day.  And who in your country is an astronaut?  I was in New York, loved it.  Zimina 26.09.17

940.  Yekaterinburg, Russia
Greetings from Yekaterinberg!  My name is Alyond.  I love to read too.  One of my all time favourite books is "The Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Lereux.  I think I read it 8 times already.  But also I'm a big science fictions & fantasy fan.  Have a great day! Alyond

939.  A Bridge in Russia, but I don't know where, darn it!
Hello, hope you will like this card.  BEst regards, Anna

925.  Voronezh Region, Russian Federation
The Raphael Loggias in the New Hermitage, Constantine Ukhtomsky, watercolour, 1860
Hello from the Russian Federation.  Winter greetings from a tiny town in Voronezh region, central Russia!  I'm Zoya.  Now that I'm retired I can spend more time travelling to Europe, knitting, gardening, cooking.  I love making different kinds of bread as I've go a degree in bread production technologies.  All the best and a happy life to you in 2017.  

923.  Sakhalin, Russia
Hello!  My name is Elena.  I live on the biggest Russian island, Sakhalin.  It looks like a big fish on the map.  It's 8 hours difference between Moskow and Sakhalin.  Happy Postcrossing!

920.  somewhere in Russia
Svetlana wrote out a looooong biblical quote, Isaiah 40.

866.  Siberia, RUSSIA
Book Fairy: Ikaterina Babok
She loves to read books left on the table and often forgets to put a bookmark in the right place...
My name is Lyndmila.  I live in Siberia.  Aftr graduating from the oil and gas university, I spent 32 years transporting oil.  Now I retired and enjoy life.  Lyndmila

857.  Saint Petersburg, Russia
Hello!  Hope you'll like this super old school Russian mailbox from countryside :)  We have here cold summer so windy greetings from Saint Petersburg!  Anastasia 10.07.2017

850. Vladivostok, Russia
Greetings from Russia, my name is Liarisa.  I live in the city of Vladivostok in east Russia, on the shore of the Sea of Japan.  
citation:  "The book should be called 'big' or 'small' not by the number of pages, but by the place it occupies in your heart."

848.  Russia
Greetings from Russia!  We wish you a sunny mood, many smiles, beautiful postcards and exciting trips this summer!  Have a nice day!  Lena and Alexsey

836.  Saint Petersburg Russia
The Winter Palace, Gothic Library of Nicholas II
Many greetings from Russia, from interesting and beautiful Saint Petersburg!  Have a nice day.  Tatiana

831.  Tomsk (West Siberia) Russia
"A monument of wooden Architecture" (translated from Russian)
Hello!  This postcard from Tomsk (West Siberia.  My city is famous for its wooden architecture.  I really like to walk and see old houses and carved windows.  Tourists from all over the world come to Tomsk to see these houses!  Anna
 
824.  Russia
Hello, My name is Varya.  I'm from Russia.  Probably it's great to work in the library, and I work in a bookshop.  I like reading and traveling.  I really want to go all over America.  And I also love cats.  What kind of books do you like to read?  Varya

823.  Taganrog, RUSSIA
At the Samovar by K. Katschura-Falileewa (1886-1948)
My name is Snozana.  I live in a town near Azov Sea called Taganrog, in Russia.  It's a warm, tourist town, which is famous by sail sport competitions.  I like travelling and long walks.  I have a cat, his name is Shvea.  He is big, orange-white, and furry.  He lives me a company when I walk at seaside. (??)  

818.  Bronnitsy, Russia
Hi!  My name is Yulia.  I am 18 years old.  I live in the suburbs of oscow.  this year I finished school and I want to connect my life with medicine.  What is your dream?

817.  Moscow, Russia
Good day!  I live in Valuga.  It's not far from Moscow.  We're proud of Cosmonautics State Museum.  I love art, puzzles, rock music, psychology. 

814. Russia 
Ivan Bilibin, Russian Artist (1876 - 1942)
On postcard illustration of the famous Russian artist Bilibin.  he created wonderful illustrations of fairy tales.  It is possible that you library has a book with his illustrations.

803.  Perm, RUSSIA
Hello Chris!  I hope this post you'll like it.  My name is Olesya.  I am from Russia, I live in Perm city.  I like to read books, go to the cinema and go for a walk in the morning time when birds are singing.  Olesya 23 VI 2017

771.  Moscow, Russia
Greetings from Russia, Moscow!  I hope you like this postcard...have a good mood and happy postrcrossing.

766.  Ryazan, Russia
I live in Ryazan, the big city in the centre of Russia.  The words on this card:
Once there was a boy
He like to stand by the window.
Once the boy was breathing fresh air and fell asleep.
Like this.
By the way, I can't live without books.  Good luck!  Irina
761.  Moscow, Russia
02 June 2017
I'm Kate, I' from Moscow.  I have no idea what is happening this year, but today we had a summer snow.  The temperature is very low for June ... Hope that your summer is much warmer.  Wish you all the best and kind regards, Kate

742.  St. Isaac Cathedral, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Dear Chris, My name is Angelika and I am from Saint Petersburg, Russia.  This card shows St. Isaac Cathedral, which is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Russia.  Hope you like it?  My dream is to visit your country one day.  Wish you a good day. 

739.  St. Petersburg, Russia
Russian Fairy Tales
Hello from Saint-Petersburg!  My name is Yulia.  I'm 17 years old.  I hope 2017 is a year of great happiness and success for you!


716.  Summer Terrace, Russia
I'm Elena and I'm new to postcrossing.  We had much snow this November and there was ice rain.  One day I couldn't open my car as it was glazed with ice.  After that ice-rain it's very difficult to walk with dogs because it's very slippery in the fields or law.  Have a nice day!  Elena

711.  Moscow, Russia
16 Nov. 2016
My name is Maria, I'm from Russia, Moscow.  In Moscow now a lot of snow, although now only November.  Wish you good day and good mood!

697.  Russian Landscape Painter Ivan I. Shishkin (mailed from Finland)
Hello there!!  I'm Veronica, 25, from Sipoo, Finland.  I'm a photographer and love all art.  I also enjoy travelling.  I have been living in 8 different places around the world.  Have a great day!  Veronica

696.  Russian Cemetery
Hello Chris!   My name is Maria.  My hobbies are breeding flowers, postcrossing, and travel with my husband.  I read tht you collect postcards with cemeteries, and like Halloween!  I hope you enjoy the card and its desing.  This postcard is from my collection from my grandmother and she's 32 years old! :) I wishy you all the best!

694.  Bogza Art Gallery - Russia
Hello Chris, best wishes from Russia, Moscow.  Hope you like this card with one view of one Russian place - Sochi.  I hope that one day I can visit it.  Elene

686.  Russia
Hello!  My name is Alisa.  I am 10 years old.  I learn English.  I think that sending postcards is cool idea!  Wishing you a good day and a lot of smiles.  Goodbye, Alisa

654.  "The Letter" by Anzhela Dzherih
Kaluga, Russia
Hallo!  My name is Irina.  About my city:  1.  Museum of History of Cosmonautics named after K. Tsiolkovsky is the world's first and Russia's largest space Museum.  2.  The first 3D cinema was opened in Kaluga in 2010.  3.  Kaluga  city is depicted on the commemorative coin in denomination of (?) reubles.

644.  Russia: Lynx on the Tree
My name is Anna.  I'm 16.  I live in a small town near Moscow which is called Ivante-euka.  I hope you will like this Lynx card.  Greetings, Anna

634.  Russia
Best Wishes for you!

626.  Yekaterinburg, Russia
"Sevastyanov's House is a historic mansion built in Neo-Gothic style; presently the building serves as the Executive Mansion for the President of Russia in Yekaterinburg."
Hello!  My name is Irina.  I live in Yekaterinburg and I work as an analyst at the factory.  I love to listen to music - the Ural rock, Finnish nutal.  There is a middle of autumn in the Urals now.  Today was +3 degrees C.  Forecast for tomorrow is snow.  I love the winter and New year - it is my favorite holiday.  I wish you a lot of beautiful postcards, and good friends!


619.  Catherine Palace Amber Room, St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Krasnoyarsk City, Russia
Hello Chris!
On this postcard you can see the famous sight of Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg.  This room from Amber.
Best wishes, Lisa
I Hope you like postcard.

603.  Ekaterinburg, RUSSIA
Hello Chris!  We are writing you from the main city of the Ural - Ekaterinburg - that is famous for its great and monumental mountains.  Ekaterinburg is one of 11 cities where football matches of FIFA World Cup 2018 will be held.  Hope it'll be amazing games!  Smiles when sadness intrudes!  Bye!

601.  Kazan, Russia
Kazan State University in the door reflection of the National Library of the Republic of Tatarstan
Greetings from Russia!  Best Wishes, Aliya

598.  Welcome to Moscow
Hi, Chris!
My name is Anna.  I'm from a city (word obliterated) Rentov (about 30 thousand inhabitants), it's near Moscow.  I live with beloved husband, we have a dog, dachshund.
     I sew textile dolls.  More than anything else I like to reae and create some interesting stuff such as paintings, fancy work, scrappy blankets, covers for books.  In addition I love to think out and make flower beds.  I am pleased to watch figure skating, athletics, and biathlon.  I wish you good luck in your hobby.  God bless you.  all the best.

590.  Russian Kremlins Postage Stamps
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Russia, Urals.  I live near Yekaterinburg with my husband and fat cat.  I wish you warm autumn!  Elena

587.  From Russia With Love
Greetings from Russia!  My name is Pavel, I am 24 y.o. and Human Resources Management student.  I live in small town called "Syzran."  On the card you can read names of 80 bigger cities.

576.  Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA
Dear Chris!  I'm from Saint Petersburg, Russia.  This card represents our summer.  For about two summer months we don't have real dark night.  A lot of cats live in our courts.  All neighbours love them and feed regularly.  My best wishes!  

552.  Ural Mountains, Russia
Hello!  My name is Olga.  I live in Yekaterinburg, Russia.  I work as a manager.

549.  Russian Mailbox
Hello Chris!  My name is Valeriya and I'm from Moscow, Russia.  I love travelling and next week I'm going to Crete.  Good luck and Happy Postcrossing!   Valeriya

544.  Academic Opera and Ballet Theater - Saratov, RUSSIA
Hi!  Many greetings from Russia.  I hope yo like this card and stamps.  Today, 06 September 2016 +23 degrees C and sunny.  Very nice day!
Happy Postcrossing.


542.  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
Greetings from Russia!  City Novosibirsk.  Best Wishes, Lana
Happy Postcrossing!

513.  St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
Hi!  Greetings from rainy city St. Petersburg.  This is not a doorway, but a cool window frame!
Daria and Kirill

What happened to photo of the postcard?
504.  Russia
Hello!  My name is Alena.  I live in Russia, in a small village.  Our house is on the shore of the lake.  All the children spend the summer on the lake, swim and sunbathe.  Wish you a happy summer!

496.  Girl Reading - Krasnodar, Russia
Hello, Chris!
My name is Natali.  I live in the city of Krasnodar, Russia.  I like reading books, to listen to goos music, and nature.  I hope you enjoy this card.  with bet wishes!

 492.  Russian Folktales
Hello Chris, My name is Elya, I'm from Moscow.  The p;ostcard is showing the characters of a Russian folk tale called "Fox, Rabbit and Rooster."  The rabbit and the rooster lived together, and the rabbit did not allow the rooster to look out the window. so that the fox could ot see hom.  Once he broke the ban, and the fox dragged him into her burrow.  But everything went well.  Here you can see the less popular option of tale with a cat and thrush instead of a rabbit.
Best Regards,  Elya

488.  Chinese Bridge in Alexander Park, St. Petersburg, Russia
Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia!  My name is Anja, I'm 21 years old and I'm going to be an aviation engineer.  Happy postcardunited!

484.  "The Bookworm" Siberia, RUSSIA
Hello Chris!
My name is Valeriya.  I live in Small Siberian town Seversk.  I'm a visiting nurse in children's polyclinic.  I like my job although I gave too little free time.  I love to read too.  At present I prefer fantasy.  Maybe I'm so tired of real life problems that I would like fairy tales :)  But the most favourite book is "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov.  One can read this book time after time and each time this book is perceived differently...warm greetings from cold Siberia!
Val

483.  Russia MAP
Hello Chris!  Next week I'll go to Spain.  And last month I visited Monaco. 
With best wishes, Olga

480.  Greetings from Russia
Hello, my name is Katerina.  I was born in Moscow and have lived there all my life.  My home town is very gib.  I come from a small family.  I have mother, father, and sister.  We get on well with each other.  My family is very important to me.
     Have a great day!

471.  The Monument to Eleanor Lord Pray in Vladivostok, Russia
(Fantastic connection to Maine/New England in this incredibly interesting recent NH news article.  I must go here!)
Dear Chris, here come greetings from port city Vladivostok.  It's located at the head of the Golden Horn Bay not far from Russia's borders with China and Korea.  Svetlana

455.  HAPPY EVERYDAY from Moscow, Russia
Hi from Moscow!  There are a lot of brilliant places there!  Have your ever been in Russia?

433.  The Interior of a Cabinet, 19th century "Prince Oleg's Palace"
Chris, hello!  My name is Maya, I from Ryaz???, medium-sized city in central part of Russia.  With best wishes, Maya  23.06.16

430.  The view of Strelka from Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin
Message written in Russian

426.  Anichkov Bridge:  The Taming of the Horse Sculpture
by P. Klodt
Hello from Russia, Chris.  Have a nice day, Katye.  21.05.2016

417.  The Squirrel by photographer Sergey Belkin
My name is Nastya, I'm 25.  I live in the south of Russia, at the foot of the (???) Mountains.  In my window at work I can see Elbmus - the highest mountain in europe.  13.05.2016

407.  Neva River and the Peter & Paul Fortress from the Palace Embankment; St. Petersburg Russia 
(card sent from Spain)
Hello!  I'm from Spain, but now I'm in the big trip on the gulf of Finland.  And sending you greetings from amazing city - St. Petersburg.


381.  Palekh Folk Painting, Russia
Hello Classy,
My name is Sveta, I'm from Moscow, Russia.  Have you ever heard about Palekh?  It's a style of Russian folk painting named by the same village.  Masters from there were well-known by their art of iconography, but after the revolution they had to look for other jobs so now Palekh painting is used on wooden lacquer boxes.
All the best!  Sveta.

380.  Russia
Hello, my name is Mariya.  I'm 23 years old.  I live on  Russian Urals city of Perm.  My house is a cozy cottage on the banks of the Kama River.  I live with my husband and three cats.  I work as an accountant, but in spite of the routine work, I love to draw, play guitar, piano, singing, reading, and traveling. I would like to see a lot of countries, to plunge into the traditions and culture of each, including USA!  Happy Postcrossing!  
12 May 2016

374.  Red Apple - Moscow, Russia
Hello!  I'm Kate.  I live in Moscow.  I love books and especially S. King.  I hope you enjoy this postcard and stamps.  Good luck and sunny day!  16.05.2016

372.  Peterhof.  The Great Palace, RUSSIA
Hello!  My name is Julia.  I live in Russia in Tula.  I am an engineer.  I like to travel.  I hope you like this postcard.  Best whishes!  Tula
16.05.16

362.  Dzhalil Opera and Ballet Theater - RUSSIA
Hello from Russia!  I'm Natalya, nice to meet you!  Hope you like this card from Kazan City.  Wish you more magic in your life.  All the best, Natalya 07.05.2016

361.  Moscow:  Manage Square: The State Historical Museum
May, 2016
Hello from Russia.  Stamp dedicated to 9 May, Victory Day over Nazi Germany.  Good luck to you!

350.  St. Petersburg, Russia
Hi.  My name is Tanya.  I live in St. Petersburg.  I work as an engineer.  My husband and I love traveling, especially in Russia.  Welcome to Russia and Happy Postcrossing!!
09.05.16

321.  Victory Day in Russia
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Russia.  Happy Victory Day!  (Victory Day is the national Russian holiday on 9th May)  I wish you all the best and hope you like this card.  Have a nice day and enjoy every moment!  Nastya

316.  Russian handcraft
Vladimir-city, Russia +4 degrees C.
22.04.16
Hello Chris!  My name is Sofiya, I'm 24 y.o.  I'm from Russia.  I hope you like this card :).  On this postcard shows Dymkovo toy and Russian scarf with the national pattern.  Best wishes for you!  Good luck and Happy Postcrossing!


310.  Samara RUSSIA
(This card was supposed to be sent on 10/31/15, but was not written and sent until 4/10 - so although it appeared to take 189 days to get here, it actually took 25.)
10/4/2016
Hello Chris!  This greetings from Samara big city on Volga.  On the picture is one of our main street with art gallery.  It is a very old  building.  Actually, our city is very sunny, but sometimes foggy.  Have a nice. day.  Anne

308.  Smolensk, Russia 
City walls and moat with water
Thubem!  Hello!  Warm greetings from Smolensk!  Smolensk is one of the oldest cities in Russia.  863 year - the first mention of Smolensk in chronicle... All the best!  Olga

302.  Arbat Street. Pedenstrian Zone.  Moscow.
Hello, Dear Chris!  My name is Catherine, I live in Moscow.  I am an artist and geologist.  On Arbat Strteet I spend every Sunday in art studio.  War greetings from cold Moscow!!!

287.  Yalta, Cathedral of St. Alexander Nevsky, 1902
Greetings from Russia!  This orthodox church is located in Crimea, southern Russia.  Happy postcrossing!
08/IV/2016
277.  Church of Our Savior and the Protection of the Mother of God; Vytesgorskii Graveyard
This photo was taken in 1909 by Russian photographer Sergei Mikhailovich
08 April 2016
Hello, Chris!
Many greetings from Moscow!  My name is Anna.  I am 45 y.o. I am married.  I have adult son.  I live in Zelenograd (translation "green city').  This is one of the districts of Moscow.
All the Best!
Anna

261. Moscow, Spasskaya Tower, St. Basil's Cathedral
Hello!  My name is Natalie.  I live in Moscow.  My favorite aphorism:  "All that does not kill us makes us stronger."  ~ F. Nietzsche
04.13.16

229.  Russia
A.S. Pushkin, 1829 --
I love you
I loved you, and that love, to die refusing, may still - who Knows! - be smouldering in my breast.  Pray be not pained - believe me of my choosing I'd never have you troubled or distressed.  I loved you mutely, hopelessly and truly, with shy yet fervent tenderness aglow, Mine was a jealous passion and unruly...My God grant that another 'll love you so!
29.02.2010

183. Merry Christmas!
Hello!
I live in the city not far from Moscow.  We proud of the Cosmonautics State History Museum and K. Tsiolkovski Memorial Home.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Best Wishes,
Larisa

181.  Russian Painting
Petrozavodsk, Russia
She mailed this in an envelope covered with stamps - see below.
Hello Chris!
I live in the Republic of Karelia in Petrozavodsk city.  This is in the north-west (of) Russia.  I send you postcard with the picture of one of the city squares.  The Republic of Karelia is situated near to the border with Finland.  And I really like Finland and Finnish culture.  It's an amazing country.  But I would like to tell about my region.  :)  We have amazing nature, wonderful forests and lakes.  Apart from (that) we have interesting traditions and culture (it's somewhat similar tot he Finnish culture);.  There are Karelian pies, the Russian word is "Kanumku" and it sounds like "calitki."
I hope you like this postcard.
Best wishes,
Julie

173.  Voronezh, Russia
Hi!  My name is Fanisa.  I'm from Kazan, Russia.  You can see on this postcard the Riviera Aquapark where everyone can spend his/her free time with family, children, and have a rest.  I hope you spend your spare time having fun.  Best regards, Fanisa :)

156.  Nicholas II with his wife
Hello guys!  My name is Anna.  I'm from Russia.  My home town is Voronezh, but I'm living in Moscow and working as an analyst.  The postcard shows the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II with his wife.  They were killed by Bolsheviks in 1917.  Happy New Year!  Anna
26.12.2015

155. Taganskaya Metro Station
Hello!  My name is Sergey.  I'm 8.  I live in Moscow, Russia.  I am sending you this card with Moscow Metros view.  Moscow Metro is one of the ost beautiful places in Moscow.  Happy postcrossing!

143.  Russia

500th Card!!!  RUSSIA
Hi Chris, My name is Olga.  I live in the ancient Russian city of Pskov.  I'm an engineer.  I really hope that you like this postcard.  Best wishes, Olga

St. Petersburg, Russia
25.11.2015  
(Note:  This was a really huge, oversized card and arrived in an envelope.)
Hello Class!  My name is Vera and I'm from Saint-Petersburg, Russia.  Our city has all the ingredients for an unforgetable travel experience and I'm happy to be a native citizen.  Saint-Petersburg charms and entices in every season -- people usually love its white nights, world-beating opera and ballet productions.  If you plan your trip to Russia - I highly recommend you visit Saint-Petersburg and its suburbs - Pushkik, Pavolvsk, Peterghot.  If you're about to come just leave me a note and I'll help you get the most out of your time in SaintPetersburg.  You asked to let you know about city where I live and now I feel myself a travel agent!

State Russian Musuem, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Hello from Russia!  I'm Olga.  To represent the culture of my coungtry I chose this postcard with the State Russian Museum which is situated in Saint Petersburg.
Top left:  "The Last Day of Pompeii, 1833" by Kare Briullou
Top right:  "The Merchant's Wife, 1918" by Boris Kustodiev
Bottom right:  Russian icon St. George and the Dragon, 14th - 15th century
Hope you like the postcard.  Olga 24/06/15

St. Petersburg. The Hermitage
The State Staircase (1860s)
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Russia!  It's view of The Hermitage in Saint Petersburg.  I visited it twice - great!  Good book and interesting reading, Tatulya

Moscow.  St. Basil's Cathedral at night
Hello!
I sent for you a [postcard with the view of night Moscow famous and beautiful buildings!  It is very old, big, and fanstgastic b eautiful.  I think you like this postcard!  Best wishes from Russia, Anna


Moscow.  The Novodevichy Convent
Hello Chris, I'm Alex from Moscow.  I hope you'll like the card.

Kizhi Island, northern Russia
Hallo Chris!
On this card the object of the World heritage of UNESCO - the Architectural ensemble Kizhi is represented.
Happy postcrossing! Anachiuta

Kaliningrad, Russia (on the Baltic Sea)
The Russian exclave of Kaliningrad on the Baltic Sea is sandwiched between Poland to the south and Lithuania to the north and east.

Good day!  I'm still new to postcrossing and this is my first postcard.  My name is Mare.  I live in Kaliningrad on the shore of the Baltic Sea.  We are beautiful but the weather is not always happy.  Successful postcrossing!  Sincerely, Maribella
26 06 2015

Russia
Hi there!  This is a card of Russia and I marked a place where my little city is.  I like living here, calm town with rather adequate people :)  Also I like to travel to Moscow, but I get tired of it too fast.  People always hurry, angry and never smile.  Have a good day and take care.

Old Saint Petersburg
Emperor Nicolas II and emperor's family members before the Winter palace.  1906.
Hello, Chris!  I saw in your collection the postcard with Emperor Nicolas II and son and decided to sent this postcard, which shows old Saint Petersburg (my city) and emperor's family.  Hope you'll like it.  It's such a beautiful autumn outside, but second day  I see a fog in my window.  Anna.Ko from Spb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've shared postcard, it's very special. And you have provided information about the postcard, it is very important. Thank you so much for this
Trogir Postcode