Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from New Zealand

1938.  NewZealand
Heaha o mahi i tenie ra? (What did you do today?  Take care, Lauretta

1901.  New Zealand
"Treasure Hunt" by Aimee Stewart
Dear Chris, One of my very favourite cards for you.  Stamps are pretty depressing, chosen as you are interested in history.  I love sugar skulls too, spent a year in Mexico, most magical year of my life.  Stole a Mexican too, married 11 years in September.  Lots of love to you, Lyn

1256.  New Zealand
Hi Chris, Autumn has started here.  The hot weather has been replaced by cold mornings and more rain during the days.  It's much better than the super hot sunny days.  Best wishes, Cindy 16/3/2018

1059.  Yellow-Eyed Penguin
I saw on your profile that you like penguins, so do I.  Thought you might like this postcard of the Yellow Eyed Penguin.  These penguins live mainly in the southern parts of New Zealand and are protected as much as possible.  Unfortunately this year the numbers of these penguins have declined.  There is an organization that supports the Yellow Eyed Penguin here in New Zealand and I belong to that.  Kaxa   11-30-2017

963.  New Zealand
Kia Ova Chris! (Hello in Maori)  Welcome to New Zealand.  I hope this card is a welcome addition to your collection.  Susan 23rd Sept. 2017

573.  Hamilton Gardens, New Zealand
card sent from BORNEO (like the above....two in one day?  CRAZY!)
Salam/Hello.  My nam's Wildan.  I come from Bontang, East Borneo.  My city is quite small with its rainforest and black orchids conservation house.  I wish you all good.  Wildan

507.  Queenstown, New Zealand
Hi Chris,
Queenstown is a beautiful resort town in the south island of New Zealand.  It is 2 hours drive from where I grew up.  You can ski at Coronet Peak or the Remarkables (which has a steep scary road - well, it did last time I was there probably 20 years ago).  We went night skiing at C. Peak a couple of years ago.  In the summer you can waterski, bungy jump, and hike.  This photo was taken from a hill with a skyline restaurant and a gondola to get there.
Best wishes, Denise

346.  Greetings from New Zealand
15.05.16
Hello Chris, My name is Naomi.  I am from Christchurch, New Zealand.  The strange looking bird on the front of the postcard is a kiwi.  They are native to New Zealand and are also our national symbol.  The lady in the boat or waka as the native Maoris call it is dressed in their traditional clothing.  They were here before the westerners arrived.  Christchurch became the first city in NZSZ on July 31st 1856.  Would love to hear about where you live.  Naomi

No comments: