Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Australia

2054.  Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I am sorry this is a generic letter, but time means I must!  I live in Brisbane, QLD, Australis.  It is a sub-tropical city with rainforest covered mountains to our west and the ocean to our east.  It is very multicultural with people of all nations making their home here, so we have great dining opportunities and many festivals to join in with throughout the year.  It is warm here generally with temperatures from 35 degrees C in summer to around maybe 10 in winter.  It is very liveable, but often very humid in summer with damaging storms and cyclones possible.  I enjoy reading, camping, spending time with family, friends and my animals (2 dogs, 2 rainbow lorikeets and 4 chickens).  I am currently reading the Robert Galbraith series and am on book 4, "Lethal White."  I am enjoying the series a lot.  I work with special needs teenagers at a local high school, I have been there for 12 years and am now looking for a career change!  I hope this card finds you and your family all well and COVID safe.  Take care, Maree.

no postcard photo
1047. Merredin, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA
Card had interesting Australian information, but was of Phuket Island, Thailand Map
card sent from AUSTRALIA
Greetings from Australia, my name is Mark & I live with my wife and son in the town of Merredin, in the state of Western Australia.  Merredin is a small town (pop. 2,900) in a wheat and sheep farming area.  We are 260 km. east of Perth, the state capital city ad we are 18,309 km southwest of Carlisle, PA.  25th October 2017

699.  Tura Beach, NSW, Australia
Did You Know? Humpback Whale
The humpback whale is not the largest of the whale family, but it can still grow to 16 metres in length, weigh up to 40 tonnes and can live to be 48 years old.  These great mammals can throw their great mass up out of the water in a fantastic display.  They are a living wonder and have been an endangered species since 1963.  The breeding ground of the Humpback Whale remains a mystery.  Pods of humpback whales are observed every year on the coast of Australia during their 5000 km migration, returning to Antarctica.

574.  Sorrento Back Beach, AUSTRALIA
HelloChris,
Hooray - spring is here at last - the winter has been long and brutal (yes, it does get cold here too, it even snows).  I love comaping and can't wait to hook the trailer up to my bicycle and head of into the bush!
Cheers, Peta

375.  Australia
Hi Chris,
Hello from Down Under!  We're in autumn now and where I live near Brisbane in Queensland, it's warm and sunny and 27 degrees C.  The colourful parrot on this card is a rainbow lorikeet and we have some visit us every day at our home.  They can be qquite noisy especially in big groups, but it can also be very entertaining watching their funny antics.  Cheers, Sue  19/5/16

311.  Melbourne, Australia
25/04/2016
Greetings from Australia!  I live in Melbourne - the country's capital of sports and culture.  I work as a software engineer and love tos pend my free time outdoors.  Have a good day!  Cheers, Nadya

No comments: