Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards Received from Florida

1941.  Jacksonville, Florida
Ralston, NB:  92-year-old Grandma Hayes attributes her long life and good health to the fact that five pipefuls of tobacco are daily smoked by her!"  1925
Hello Chris, My name is Casey and I live in Jacksonville, FL.  I work as a tugboat captain along the Atlantic Coast.  Peace.

1180.  Official Jackalope License from FLORIDA
Warm greetings!  My name is Hank.  I am a husband, a father and a grandfather.  My four grandchildren are very special to me!

820.  The Dali Museum
St. Petersburg, Florida
Postcard sent from Marietta, GA 
Dali Museum Exterior - Dali Melting Bench in the Dali Museum Garden, created by artist Kevin Brady
Hello!  Sadly I had no exct matches for you, but since you like doors, I thought you might like this melting bench.  Dali is one of my favorite artists.  His museum is 7 hours from home I've been 3 time and hope to go more!  Kristen

661.  Florida Fun Facts
  • Just a few days after Easter 1513, Spanish Explorer Ponce de Leon landed near what is now St. Augustine and named the area Pascua Florida, Or "Flowery Easter."
  • Orlando attracts more visitors than any other tourist destination in the United States.  Narly 60 million people visit Orlando every year.
  • Florida is similar in size to England and Wales combined.
  • No atter where you are in Florida, you are never more than 60 miles away from the ocean.
  • Florida produces 80% of the US citrus products.  The key limes of the Florida Keys are the tastiest.  Key lime pie is a specialty in Florida.
  • Famous writer Ernest Hemingway lived in Key West in the 1930s.  His house is now a museum and home to over 40 cats.
  • Clearwater has the highest rate of lightning strikes per capita in the United States.
  • Greetings from sunny Florida, city of Fort Lauderdale which is called the Venice of America.  My name is Nataly.  I love to read and travel.  Before I lived in Russia, Moscow.  I wish you to get positive emotions and all the very best.

625.  Florida
Hi Chris,
I thought it was funny when I got your name to send to.  I read the things you like and I could be reading about myself.  Then I see your birthday and nearly fell off my chair.  LOL.  It's the same as mine.
Happy Postcrossing!  Alda

Mjasa in U.S.A. wrote you a message 0n 11/10
“Hi Chris.
Sorry for the late response.
I live in Coral Springs in southern Florida, just north of Fort Lauderdale. Yes I laughed when I read your profile, it could nearly have been my own, lol.
I come originally from Iceland but have lived here for 10 years now and I can honestly say I like the weather better here. We still get a lot of "winterbirds" down here, lol.
I would love to get a card from you, I am trying to get a state card from all the states so if you find one I would love to have it. I haven't visited all the states but I am working on that too. :)
My address is
Alda Elvarsdottir
9051 NW 1st Street
Coral Springs, FL 33071
If you would like I could send you some cards from here again.
~ Alda 
1139.  "Leisure" 1910 William Worcester Churchill
Greetings from Florida!  I live near the Atlantic Ocean and love to watch the waves and the sea birds.  Small world - my brother went to law school at Dickinson.  I'm originally from PA.

556.  Lingva problemo?  Esperantigu!
Salutation, Chris.  Kiel vi fartas? (How are you?)  Cu vi konas la internaua lingvon  Esperanto estas facilega!
When I saw your profile I though - oh now, another monolingual American!  haha!  I hope you had a great summer in PA and are safely back in the warmth.  I live in Pensacola Fl. and every winter  I (obliterated) further south! 13.9.2016

521.  Pensacola, FLORIDA
(Card is from somewhere in the US)
Thank you for letting me send you this card.  I have been holding on to it for awhile waiting to send it tot he right person.  I love the irony in your last name.  I recently traveled through Arizona and got some good jackalope postcards.  Devin

295.  Coquina Rock Formation at Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
Palm Coast, FL
4/25/16 Hello Chris, my name is Robin and I live in Jacksonville, Florida.  Like you I love to read and enjoy a Diet Coke.  I also like to scrapbook and have lately been enjoying the adult coloring craze!

No comments: