Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards from North Carolina

2033  Votes For Women!  Lucretia Mott
sent from Raleigh, NC
Disconcerted by the unequal treatment women faced in the abolition movement, Quaker minister Lucredia Mott(1798 - 1880) joined with Elizabeth Cady Stanton to plan the first women's right convention, in Seneca Falls, New York in 1848.

1087.  North Carolina
Greetings from N. C.  I just retired this year and I'm loving spending my time with crafts, x-stitch, and some travel.  I make a yearly trip to Syracuse, NY every year tut this year I went twice.  Have a nice Day!  Ruth

744.  Biltmore House in the Snow
In the deep of winter, Biltmore House appears mysterious and magnificent, challenging nature's beauty with its own.  While peaceful on the exterior, the inside of Biltmore House is alive with activities as the housekeeping staff commences with annual winter cleaning.  
I am in first grade.  Ciera

349.  North Carolina
20 May 2016
Hello Chris!
My name is Amy.  Greetings from North Carolina.  I hope this postcard finds you well and makes you smile.  Have a great day!  Amy.

366.  Fun Facts:   US Letter Delivery
May 19, 2016
Aurora, NC 72 degrees F
Hello Classy,
My name is Casey and I live in Jacksonville, FL.  I work as a tugboat captain in North Carolina.
Peace,  Casey B.

No comments: