Saturday, April 30, 2016

Postcards Received from Oregon

1916.  Oregon
Hello Chris, we hope you like this Oregon Map postcard and postage stamps  We live in Western Oregon, near the city of Eugene and 50 miles from the Pacific Ocean.  We are retired.  My wife, Nancy, is a quilter.  She is part of a group that makes quilts for Lutheran World Relief as well as "baby" quilts for our local AID (Food Pantry).  I am a collector of used postage stamps.  Take care , Larry and Nancy Clough

1805.  Oregon City, Oregon
Dear Chris,  Greetings from Oregon City, Oregon.  Today is quite stormy and rainy out (big surprise!  I'm sure you are nice and warm in AZ, I'm jealous.  Paula

1258.  Oregon Logging Truck
Hello Chris, glad to meet you on postcrossing.  When we were traveling we spent some winters in Yuma, AZ.  We moved to Roseburg, OR in 2012.  During fire season my husband does fire watch and I get to go with him.  It is so peaceful in the forest.  We like to take day trips to the coast.  My best to you.  Sharon

1156.  Oregon Zoo sent from Larsen Bay, AK
Humboldt Penguin.  These flightless sea birds inhabit the coast of Peru.  With their streamlined bodies and strong flippers they are able to swim at up to 30 mph!  The Zoo's colony of more than 35 penguins live in an award-winning exhibit that features below the water viewing and a wave machine.
Hugs from Alaska, where there are no penguins, Sherry

589.  Flying Jackalope of the South Dakota Badlands
sent from Portland, Oregon
One of the world's rarest and most unusual animals, The Flying Jackalope is most frequently found in South Dakota's Badlands near Wall.  It is extremely shy and capable of blinding speed to escape detection.  Because of its evasive nature it has no been considered on of the "endangered species" despite it rarity.  This prize photo was taken with a telephoto lens a short way east of Wall.
I had to uninstall Pokémon Go on my phone.  I was convinced I would kill myself or someone...with my car.  I noticed I was playing at red lights...then playing in stalled traffic.  But it wasn't until I asked myself while driving across a bridge, "I wonder if there are water Pokémon here?"  I did not check because I imagined myself driving off the bridge.  Of course I would not die, but I would have had to explain how it happened.  I deleted the game when I got home.  -TM

429.  End of the Trail Interpretive Center, Oregon City, Oregon
Back of the card is stamped with a handmade stamp for an Atlasquest Swap:

419.  Salem's Riverfront Carousel
Touch hearts 
Spark imagination
Ignite creative spirits
Rest of back is covered with handmade stamp from an Atlas Quest swapper:



411.  Portland, Oregon
This was a card received from the Letterbox Tracker Hometown Postcards 2 from Belless

332.  Oregon City, Oregon
Dear Chris,
Happy Friday the 13th!  Greetings from Oregon City, Oregon.  I sent you another card, but since it's at 50 days out I'm assuming it's gone.  So if it shows up, you have 2!  Happy Postcrossing, Paula

No comments: