Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from The Netherlands

2052.  nr. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
My name is Jose and I live near Amsterdam.  My biggest hobby is postcrossing but also working with my husband on the genealogy of our families for almost 15 years.  We share a mutual hobby.  I also love spring and the beach, and got to visit Amsterdam.  Warm greetings and stay healthy.  Jose.

1976.  Gouda, the Netherlands
Hello!  Greetings from Gouda, the Netherlands.  The city is famous for the "Gouda" cheese.  I like it very much.  Our city is between Rotterdam and Utrecht.  You can see in the front.  Wish you all the best! Els

1956.  Holland
Greetings, happy Postcrossing and Have a Nice Day.

1943.  Emmen, the Netherlands
Inge Look #36
Hi, I'm from Emmen, in the north-east of Holland.  Hope this card may bring a smile on your face.  It always happens to me...so funny!  Best wishes and enjoy Easter!  Gea

1300.  Almere, the Netherlands
15 June 2018
Hi Chris, Nice to meet you and greetings from artha in the Netherlands.  I live in Almere, a young and modern city, but was born in Amsterdam, capital of my country.  Since 2007 I am happily retired and fill my days of leisure with books, classical music, Irish folk songs, singing (study Mozart's Requiem_ and coloring.  Wish you all the beat.  Martha

1274.  Zweeloo, Netherlands
Zine-Go-Round Postcard
Hi Chris!  I see you are a postcrosser too!! :)  And that you also like mailboxes.  This mailbox is hanging outside my atelier (studio)  And in May 2016 I was interviewed by Porter (for their blog) because of this mailbox.  This was also the first card I designed for Postcrossing & since then I've expanded the collection quite a bit.  The other card I will leave blank for you, so you can use that one.  All the best...warm greetings from Ellen
AND
620.  Happy Postcrossing from Holland
Hello, My name is Monique and I live in Holland.  I hope you like this mailbox card.  Greetings from Holland

1264.  Haarlem, Netherlands
Silence in the Library by Drachenmagier
Hoi Chris, my name is Diane.  Second card, hopefully this one will reach you.  Working in a library sounds like heaven to me!  Books are my biggest passion.  If you can recommend a nice book, I love to know.  I prefer literature or non-fiction.  Enjoy.  23-3-2018

1259.  Haarlem, GERMANY
My name is Diana.  This is a German mailbox.  My biggest passion are books, as a child alredy I buy books every week, it's an addiction, but a good one.  At the moment I'm reading quit an "old" book from James Salter:  "Light Years.  Enjoy life.  

1037. Holland
 Hi Chris, how are you doing?  I hope you're fine. :) Sending you warm greetings from windy Holland.  Jolanda 27-10-2017
931.  Veghel, the Netherlands
I'm Marianne, 56 years old and I live in Veghel.  That's a small village in the south of the Netherlands.  Friends of mine have an e-reader, but I prefer to read a real book, made of paper.  I visit our local library at least one a week.  Bye from Marianne

929. Haarlem, Holland
 We are a mother (school librarian) and daughter from Holland, living near the beaufitul city of Haarlem and the North Sea co
ast.  Greetings.

909.  The Netherlands
My name is Eber and I'm writing from the Netherlands.
I'm sending you a postcard of Anne Frank.  I thought it would suit your current job as librarian in youth services - kids and young people need to hear about Anne and her diary, so that the horrors of war and prejudice do not spread anymore.  Cheers, Eber.

875.  The Netherlands
I hope you like this funny card as much as I did.  Mirjam

874.  Maastricht, Netherlands
Hello Chris, My name is Suzanne and I live in Maastricht, Netherlands.  I hope you like this mailbox!  When I read you're not so crazy about cutesie comment, it made me smile and pick a not-cute emoji for you. :)  Suzanne 

853.  Capelle Old Yssel, Netherlands
My name is Demeka.  I live in Capelle Old Yssel near Rotterdam with my boyfriend and 4 cats.  I wish you all the best!  18-7-2017

825.  Scheveningen, Netherlands
Hi Chris, I send you a postcard from Europe.  I live in Scheveningen, a small place near the beach/North Sea.  I love to read, tv, travel and sushi.  Have a nice day.  Chelsea.

798.  Maas en Peel Library, The Netherlands
De Bibliotheek Mass en Peel - Vestiging Reuver
Hi Chris, my name is Jessica.  I am German, but I moved to the Netherlands for a job many years ago.  My husband is German, too.  We met on the internet!
NOTE:  She responded to my thank you!:
“Hi Chris,
yes, the card shows my local library. They used to do postcrossing, too (TheBusyLibrarian), but they stopped because the postage costs have been rising through the roof in the Netherlands the last 3-4 years. It made me cut down considerably, too :-( It's becoming a little bit of a luxury in the Netherlands, doing postcrossing. But hey, it's a hobby and hobbies do tend to cost money ;-)
By the way, I took the picture myself and also, it is me in the picture, haha... They weren't open at the time I was there to take pictures and the staff was busy, but I wanted somebody in the picture to make it look more alive. So I took a remote-control picture of myself :-)
Well, wishing you a nice day & happy postcrossing.
Jessica”

787.  Friesland, a Province in the northwest of the Netherlands, on the North Sea.
sent by a postcrosser from Germany

My name is Sonja.  I'm 24 years old and come from the south of Germany, near Stuttgart.  Greetings!

753.  Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Beste Chris, greetings from town Heemsliesh, a village close to the beach and 30 km to Amsterdam.  I work in Amsterdam in a laboratory.  In the labe we are analyzing medicines and drugs in blood and urine.  I'm 45 years old and like to read, hike, geocache and travel. Our next holiday will go to Austria and Slovenia.  Ee hele fiyne dag. Marielle

728.  In conversation - Pen and Ink - Alan Fletcher
Portrait of a girl glimpsed across a restaurant
Hello from the Netherlands! (The rest of the card is pretty much unreadable, I can only pick out a word here and there and decided it wasn't worth my time or effort....)

727.  Groeten uit Fryslan (Greetings from Fryslan)
Hi.  I'm Nynke and I live in Friesland.  Friesland is a district of the Netherlands.  I wish you a happy 2017!

704.  The Hague, The Netherlands
Gerry Hurkmans, 1952
I think the books on this card are from someone who likes history.  The quote on the bottom right is in dutch.  I love reading, too, but my books are mostly from Africa as I lived there for three years.  Now I work as a wedding photographer and live in the Hague together with my three naughty cats.  Wish you lots of happy cards!

687.  The Netherlands
Hello Chris, I am an 11 year old girl, in the first class of the secondary school.  I am nearly 12, over 12 days I am 12. :)  Today is Saturday and now I'm writing my books on wattpad.  It's lovely and my classmates said I'm good by I doubt.  I hope you like my card.  I will wish you all the best in life and a happy Postcrossing.  Nikita (heart)
She wrote it all in different colored inks, so I will highlight it all so that it can be easily read.  So cute!



614.  Greetings from Holland
with love...

611.  Balk, Holland,
Hi Chris!
I'm from Holland.  I lived in a small village, Balk, which you can see on the card.  Very beautiful with a lot of water.  Now, I live in Leeuwarden for my study in International Business and Languages.  I wish you all the best in Pennsylvania.  Simone


594.  "It's Duff Time" - The Netherlands
Hello Chris, Here's a duff beer for you and some cool rare Dutch stamps.  Nicky.


540.  Happy Cows from the Netherlands
Hi Chris,
This is y first postcard with postcardunited so sorry I don't have the postcard you like.  But I hope you find it funny.  We have a lot of cows here in the neighborhood.  I live in a small [place called Bodegraven with my husband and son.  Greetings, Naomi

524.  Netherlands (Nederland)
I wish you a happy day.

514.  The Netherlands
Hello, Although not a postbox, this card shows the post (wo)man.  In the Netherlands he often comes by bike.  I live in Apolder, about 5 meters below Scalevd, on the former seabord (hard to read the writing).  My birthday is also on 30th of April.
Happy postcrossing and best wishes, Koen

482.  Zeeland: Holland
Hallo!  The only nice thing about Holland is seaside and Zeeland is province with the nicest beaches I know.  To get nice weather is the other thing - this summer we had 1 week sun, the rest only rain...  Today also...
Greetings!  Poli

475.  Groeten uit Holland (Greetings from Holland)
Hi Chris!  It's my bike!  Typical for Holland.  I like knitting too.  Where I live is a small village, it has 2000 residents.  Heb het goed = All the best!
Anja

465.  Stoffig Pakhuis Fabric Shop, Delft, Netherlands
Hello Chris, I live in Delft, it's well-known for its Delfts Blue pottery.  You can make quilts with the Delft blue material!  I don't quilt, but I like to create my own clothes, and for that I often go to this shop.  There you can buy all the materials, even for quilts.  We've been in Arizona in May, we saw the Joshua trees and more.  Very nice!  Bye, Els...

453.  HOLLAND
Hello Chris, and greetings from the Netherlands.  I am Laura, 54 years old, married and mother of two sons of 20 and 24.  I live in a small town called Ouest Knollendam, nearly (can read) by the Zaanse Schans!  Maybe you've heard of it once.  It's famous because of the mills, tiny wooden green horses, and the wooden shoes. A lot of tourists from all over the world come to visit this.  This PC is from the Zaanse Schans and I hope you like it.
Much greetings and happy postcrossing,
Laura

444.  Old World Map from the Leeuwarden, Netherlands
Gegroet Chris,  I'm Erwin and 46 of age.  Besides sending and receiving cards, I have many other hobbies, cooking for instance, especially Indian and Indonesian food.  I also love to make roadtrips once or twice each year.  This month I returned from Slovakia.  Vistited cities like Nurenberg, Linz, Vienna, Bratislava, Malachy, and Bzio.  Wish you all the best from our province of Friesland.  Erwin  30.6.2016

413.  Delft, Netherlands
Mark van Huystee
Hi Chris,  I picked you a card by a local artist whose work I admire.  This is a city-centre picture and the bide just belongs there.  Of course there's also Delft blue (pottery) and loads of history, too.  I love my city!  Happy Postcrossing

408.  Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Gijs Gans - uit Mamma Belle en het Dierenspel
Hi Chris,
My name is Erato and I'm Greek, but I live in the Netherlands.  The card falls not in your likes or dislikes and it's quite original, that's why I chose it for you.  Have you ever been to Europe?  I've never been the the USA but my dream is to go to Alaska and stay there for awhile!
Enjoy your retirement and always smile!

388.  Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Hello Chris!
Warm greetings from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands!  I'm sending you a staircase of books.  It looks like this picture is trying to say that reading books leads to ... adventure?  a beautiful life?  more knowledge?
I love to read books, unfortunately I don't have much time for reading anymore.  My favorite genres are fantasy, detective and historic novels.  Best wishes!  Franciska

378.  (Too cute for me!)  The Netherlands
do more of what makes you happy.

359.  The Netherlands
Utrecht 15-05-2016
Hi Chris,
Before the euro, we had our own money.  On this card you see the "vuurtoreer" bill (Lighthouse bill).  If you would change it into dollars you wold have gotten $127.00  I like ice cold cola, too (not diet, that's not my favorite one), just regular with a lot of ice and a slice of lemon.  Hartegte groe, Kind regards, JP

354.  "Bekking & Blitz" Fiep Westendorp Illustrations
The Netherlands
Hallo class!  I want to tell you about yesterday.  5th May it was, Freedom Day.  the day before we remembered the people who died in the second world war or later.  Yesterday we celebrated our freedom.  Children, please make one thing sure.  Always follow your heart and maker your dreams come true.  We need all special talents in this world, and you have one!  Smile a lot and love the other people.  Debra

345.  The Netherlands
09-05-2016
Dear Chris, Hope you enjoy this view of typical Dutch windmill.  I am 50 years, married, we have one dog named Marley (a Belgian Shepherd).  We have one daughter, she lives with her boyfriend in Amsterdam, studies psychology.  I love to read, travel, colour, and photograph.  Happy Postcrossing, Anoushka
302.  Close-Up Map of the Netherlands
4th April 2016
Dear Class,
My name is Ruben and I am a 21 year old student of geography!
I am also planning to become a teacher.  On the front of this card you can sere the map of the Netherlands.  I live near the city of Gronigen.  Can you find it?
Have a nice day,
Greetings, Ruben

288.  Received 4/25/2106
Hello, I am not a religious type, but I live in "Roermond", with several churches ha, ha, ha.  In my country I love "the keukenhof" in lisse (not sure of the spelling, hard to read the handwriting) with lots of flowers in beautiful colours.  And driving a Solex bike with my sons and husband.  And in the end dinner near the lake.

No comments: