Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards Received from Malaysia

1286.  Malaysia
Muzium dan Galeri Seni
Chuah Thean Teng "Scarlet Up" 1988, Batik Painting
Hello Chris.  My name is Amelie, I am from Malaysia.  I hope you like this card I bought from gallery.  Happy writing.  Amelie 4/4/18

1194.  Malaysia
An Orang Utan, means "person of the forest."  These long-haired, orangish primates are highly intelligent and are close relatives of humans.
Hello, A simple hello could lead to a million things.  Wish you luck and may all your dreams come true. Remember, we grow great by dreaming.

1193.  Malaysia
Nothing at all written on this wonderfully illustrated card, but a cool stamp was used!

1164.  Kuala Lampur Mass Transit Map
This card was from a postcrossing even, signed by at least a dozen people...

1104.  Malaysia
Hi Chris, I'm Lyn from Malaysia.  I'm a teacher but right now I'm furthering my studies in special education.  I like reading.  My favorites are books written by L. M. Montgomery.. I've got all her books yeay!  Have a nice day.
ALSO
676.  Malaysia
Have you ever come to Malaysi?  Yous should travel here and will love and miss it.  All the best to you and take care!  Best wishes, Marlina

769.  Ipoh, MALAYSIA

Hello!  Greetings from Malaysia

701.  Greetings from Malaysia!
Malaysia features some of the world's most stunning tropical beaches.  The diversity of this nation comes from the intermingling of Malaysian, Chinese, and Indian cultures, and has generated a dynamic environment with a unique cuisine.  There are many rainforests, natural scenery.  If you love travelling, maybe ccan think of travel here one day?  I choose this Classic Poem of Chinese for you.  Hope you will like it.  Happy Postcrossing and have a nice day! Janet

700.  Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Hello Chris, Greetings from Penang Island - the second smallest state in Malaysia.  Georgetown is Penang state capital and UNESCO world cultural heritage site.  This historic city was founded in 1786 by Captain Francis Light as a British trading port.  Penang Road (Jalan Penang) is a famous street in Georgetown with many classic shops such as this shop which trades caneware.  It is a vanishing trade as there are just few shops of its kind left in the city.  Rattan is the raw material for making caneware and is harvested from rain forests.

690.  Malaysia
Hello from Malaysia.  My name is Mazz and I enjoy postcards to take my mind off from work although writing them would mean battling my many furry paws pals who are keen that I only pay attention to them.  His is one of our many of Peranakan doors that you can find in Malaysia.  They're well preserved.  Although I'm not sure those two huge pots/water containers are for show or for real!

679.  Tumpat, Malaysia
Hello!  I have been to Tumpat only once.  It's a nice place for a vacation because it's close to Thailand.  If you drive from Kuala Lumpur, the journey will take at least 7 hours.  Natasha.
678.  Malaysia
Peranakan Architecture: You can find a continuous row of louvered wooden shutters on the facades of most Peranakan shophouses.
Hello Chris, Happy Halloween!  It is not celebrated here but some shops do have some decorations for this day.  Her I am sending you a card of a Peranakan house with a mailbox in front of it.  I hop it!  Victoria Jane

641.  Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Selamat Pagi!  It means Good Morning the the Malaysian language.  It is currently 29 degrees C here in the capital city, Kuala Lumpur.  Hopfully the weather is treating you nicely over there in the U. S. A.  Best, Ati

639.  Malaysia
Dear Chris, greetings from Malaysia!  So sorry to send you this PC which you unlike, but it was so adorable, right?  All the best, Onh See Min


624.  Greetings from Malaysia
Hello, my name is REgine and my nickname is green tea.  As I love to drink green tea very much since I was 13 during secondary school.  I am now 21, studying graphic design courses in Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.  I've just finished my internship program in holiday tours ! ! ! ! !

602.  Prime Minister's Office Complex & Putra Mospue - Putrajaya, MALAYSIA
Hello Chris,
Warm greetings from Malaysia.  I am Karen living in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, which is in East Malaysia.  I live here with my husband and daughter who is in college.  The picture on this postcard is of the PM's office and a mosque which is located in Putrajaya, a state in West Malaysia.  East and West Malaysia are separated by the sea.  Here we live near the sea.  The beach is a 10 minute drive from my place.  The weather here is hot all through the year so anytime is a good time to go to the beach.  I hope you like this postcard.   Wishing you all the very best.  Karen

572.  Journey through BORNEO (Malaysia)
Borneo is 73% Indonesia, 26% Malaysia (in the north) and 1% Brunei (northern coast)
Dear Chris,  Greetings from Kota Kinabulu, Sabah (Borneo) Malaysia!  I hope you'll like this map postcard and maybe get to put a "check" in the boxes someday.  I'm also a teacher - teaching English to young adults at a local college.  I used to teach secondary students in Thailand a few years back.  I hope you are enjoying your retirement and get to do more of the things you enjoy doing.  Have you been to this part of the world before?  I think you will like it especially if you like nature and the outdoors.  We have sunshine the hwole year round!  Wll, with some rainy days too.  here's wishing you a good day ahead!
Warm regards, Louise

568.  Taiping, Perak, MALAYSIA
Located in the town of Taiping, Perak, this museum is the oldest museum in Peninsula Malaysia.  It was constructed in 1883.  The museum has a complete and best orang alsi's collection as its main attraction also exhibits various collection of zoology and herbarium specimens and Malay cultural objects.
Hi Chris, Greetings once more from Malaysia.  This is the Fighter jet in front of the Perak Museum in Taiping which happens to be my home town.  Taiping is famous as the wettest town in Malaysia as it rains almost every (can't make out word).


554.  Ipoh, Malaysia
The building in Concubine Lane were constructed in 1908
Hello Chris,
Greetings from Malaysia.  I hope you are in the best of health.  Today is our country 59th Independence Day.  I wish you all the best and happy postcard writing.  Regards, Juita

515.  Penang Hill, MALAYSIA
Hi Chris, Greetings from Malaysia.  This is the Penay Hill tram.  I went up the hill last year and it was rather a nice ride.  Up on the Penay Hill one can see far out to the horizon.
Best Wishes, Raymond Law

497.  Peti Surat (Postbox) - Malaysia
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Malaysia.  Good day to you.  Sending you thig mailbox shaped card.  Hope you like it.
     Happy Postcard Uniting.  Love, Isabella

468.  Greetings from Borneo!
Hell Dear Chris,  I'm Aelee, a mother of one son ten years old.  We do love postcards and stamps!  Hope that you will like this Sibuan Island and the matching island stamp  too!  The other Sipaden island also famous to visit, dive...
All the best!  Aelee

443.  UNESCO Malaysia: Archaeological Heritage of the Lenggong Valley
Hello Chris, A warmest greeting from Malaysia.  How are you?  I hope you'll be happy with this postcard.  The skeleton is "Perak Man"  Take care and have a nice day, Honeysha

434.  Penang Island, Malaysia
Hello Chris, Apa Khabar?  Means how are you in Malay.  This is a postcard showing the tourist spot in Penang Island.  Hope you will like it.  The Georgetown on Penang Island has been declared as UNESCO World Heritage City.  Have a nice day.

404.  Ubudiah Mosque, Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malaysia
Completed in late 1917, Perak's royal mosque was designed by Arthur Benison Hubback and ranks high on the lsit of Malaysia's most beautiful mosques.
Hello!  Greetings from Malaysia.  This is one of the beautiful historical mosques in the country. kkkhor

392.  Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Chris,  Hello, greetings from Malaysia.  I hope you like this postcard.  It portrays the night view of Kuala Lumpur, capital of Malaysia.  Actually the view is much more interesting now because this postcard shos the old view which I believe is in the 1990s.  Good luck, chin Yen  12/5/16

356.  Malaysia Holiday Destination
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Malaysia.  Bood day to u.  Sending u this map card of Malaysia.  Hope y could visit my beautiful country some day in the furture.  Happy postcard writing.  Love, Isabella
30/4/16

303.  Lighthouse Kota Kuala Kedah - Kedah, Malaysia
Hello, A warmest greetings from Malaysia.  How are you?  I hope you'll be happy with this lighthouse postcard from me.  Wish you all the beat & take care, Honeysh

No comments: