Monday, April 25, 2016

Postcards From Mexico

1803.  Guadelajara, Mexico
Card sent from Las Vegas
Collaborative PC Zine Swap
I want to share a true personal story with you.  I am half Mexican and have always been very interestee in learning about that part of my heritage.  When I was 19 years old I went to live in Guadalajara.  While there I did some family history work.  I visited many old churches and cemeteries.  My father's mother passed away at the age of 36.  I went to see her grave.  They bury people on top of each other (it takes up less space).  No one had been buried on my grandma.  The top of her grave had a tiny hole.  Using a flash I took a photo.  After getting the photos developed I saw her skeleton in there!

364.  Trajinera en Xochimilco, MEXICO
Hi Chris,m  I'm glad to send you a card!  Xochimilco is a touristic place in Mexico City; very famous.  Unfortunately, the canals are in not good shape.  I used to go to travel in the Trajuieras as a child and teenager with my parents and my sister.  You can eat aboard and there are also boats with vuisiciaus, so you can look through while travling throug the canals..   Un abrazo, alejandra.

No comments: