Monday, August 1, 2016

Postcards Received from Scotland

1202.  Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi Chris, how are you?  The card shows a beautiful evening of the city of Edinburgh, capital of Scotland.  How's the weather where you live?  Her we had light snow, but otherwise all right.  February, 2018

630.  Scotland
Scotland has a land area of about 79,000 sq. km., with a total coastline of nearly 12,000 km.  There are some 800 islands, with almost 600 of them lying off the west coast, over 30,000 freshwater lochs and 6600 river systems.  Scotland's population of 5.3 million live in approximately 3% of the total land area.
Hello Chris!  My name is Keith and I send you a map card of my home country of Scotland.  It is beautiful here.  Keith.

522.  The First meeting of Jane Eyre and Rochester by Thomas Davidson
Bronte Parsonage Museum, Haworth
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Edinburgh, Scotland.  I hope you like my choice of postcard.  As a reader, I'm sure Jane Eyre is known to you.  Lovely story.  Edinburgh Book Festival is on at the mment, part of the yearly celebrations.  Best wishes, Pat

No comments: