Monday, August 1, 2016

Postcards Received from TURKEY

1251.  Turkey
Hi Chris!  I couldn't find a card just like in your profile, but I thought you can like this, a paintable card and a bit funny.  I wish you like it.  Greetings from Turkey...

1114.  Istanbul, Turkey
Dear Chris,   I'm Nurbanu from Istanbul, Turkey.  I love cactus soo much.  I grow cactus and succulents.  They are about 40 different types I have.  Congrats for your new job.  I am jealous of you a little bit :).  Best Wishes, Nurbana

832.  Turkey
07.07.2017
Hi, I'm Reyhan from Turkey.  I like reading books and posting cards to someone who don't know me.  Maybe, in some points, two of them are so similar.  In two of the, you do't know people, place.  Andy you can reach them with words and papers.  Take care of yourself!

764.  Greetings from Turkey
The picture on the front is of hanging Chinese lanterns, so I chose to show the back with all the stamps and stickers.

649.  Turkey
Ben cocukken ... Bayram kucuk mutluluklarla guzel ...
When I was a kid ... the holiday was beautiful with little happiness ...
22 October 2016
I wish you happy postcrossing...Burak

494.  Karabuk / Safranbolu, Turkey
This was in response to a swap card that I sent in May.  This was mailed on May 29th and forwarded from Tucson to Mt. Holly Springs, and it took all this time!
May 29, 2016
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the very lovely cards you sent me, I especially appreciate the guacamole recipe!  As you may know, letter writing or the post in general is not exactly popular in Turkey so it's quite difficult to get interesting cards.  This is one of the "Safranbolu" , a recent heritage site popular because of its unique architecture.  It's about four hours away from Ankara.
Best wishes, Beren

431.  Mustafa Kemal Ataturk 1881 - 1938
Hello Chris!  I've received so many cards from you that now I'm quite confused as to how to reply!  Anyway, I thought you might enjoy this card of the founder of the Turkish Republic, Ataturk, whose mausoleum is in Ankora.  It might be a good teaching opportunity.  Although I do realize that your students are quite young.  Best. June 9, 2016

No comments: