Monday, August 1, 2016

Postcards Received from Norway

1929.  Oslo, Norway
PETER SEVERIN KROYER (1851-1909)
Hello Chris, My name is Linda.  I live in a small town near our capital city of Oslo.  I have 3 children and 5 grandchildren, ages 12-22 years.  I retired 6 1/2 years ago and like having more time for my family and my hobbies.  I like books, music, art, the theater, my garden, and traveling when I can.
Best wishes, Linda

1023.  Norway
Card sent from Germany
Dear Chris, I hope you won't be disappointed to learn that I sent you this card from Germany, not from Norway.  I had planned a 3-week-long trip to Norway this summer but unfortunately had to cancel the journey because I got very sick.  I've been learning the Norwegian language for 8 months and hope I can travel there next year of even find a job as a preschool teacher one day.  It's great that you got to spend nost of your life on an island - this would be another dream of mine!  All the best, Silvi
31.10.17

506.  Birkeland, Norway
Hello Chris !  Greetings from Norway.  My name is Inger and I'm a medical secretary who loves reading, glue books, art journaling, cross stitching & trips to our cabin.  I love strawberries, blueberries & blackberries.  There are lots of them around here.
Best wishes, Inger

No comments: