Monday, August 1, 2016

Postcards Received from Portugal

1934.  Portugal
Card sent from the Netherlands
I got this card while on holiday in Portugal.  Their doors & windows are so much nicer and more colourful than the ones we have.  All the best, Jeroen

1208.  Le phare de Pontusval, Portugal
{The Lighthouse of Pontusval)
Greetings from Portugal.  Our names are Marcio and Cristina and we live in the center of the country.  We live in a small village very close to the beautiful city of Viseu.  We love animals and we have 4 dalmatian dogs.

1205.  Lindoso Granaries, Portugal
Next to the Castle of Lindoso there's a threshing floor with fifty granaries from the 18th and 19th centuries.  The buildings were used on the corn drying (revented by its structure the entrance of rodents)  
NOTE:  (I wonder why the crosses atop them?  I thought it was a cemetery at first.)

897.  Lisbon, Portugal
Ola/Hello.  Greetings from Portugal, Lisbon.  My name is Olga.  I am 25 years old, I live in Lisbon, but I am originally from Belarus.  I like reading books and listening to music.  
My favourite book ~ Kenzaburo De "The Silent Cry"
My favourite band:  ~Soap and Skin
I hope you will like this postcard.  It's gonna be a great day!  You deserve it!

779.  Coimbra, Portugal
University of Coimbra, Coimbra
22 . 06. 2017
My name is Daniela, I'm 23 y.o. and I live in a small town surrounded by mountains called Lousa.  I'm a student of Biological Engineering in Coimbra, the city of students in Portugal.  In the university there is one of the oldest libraries in the country, the Yoanina Library.  Best wishes & kisses from Portugal.

473.  Guimares, Portugal
Ola = Hello Chris.  Greetings from Guimaraes; designated World Heritage Site in 2001.  I'm Sandrina!  Hope you'll like this card about Portugal's 1st king.  Se feliz = Be happy!  Sandrina

No comments: