Monday, June 27, 2016

Postcards Received Monday, June 27, 2016

411.  Portland, Oregon
This was a card received from the Letterbox Tracker Hometown Postcards 2 from Belless

412.  Colorado Springs: Olympic City USA
This was a card received from the Letterbox Tracker Hometown Postcards 2 from The Woodshed

413.  Delft, Netherlands
Mark van Huystee
Hi Chris,  I picked you a card by a local artist whose work I admire.  This is a city-centre picture and the bide just belongs there.  Of course there's also Delft blue (pottery) and loads of history, too.  I love my city!  Happy Postcrossing

414.  New York City, NY
Helmann:  In His Mysterious Cabinet of Dark Seances
Courtesy of Mike Caveney's Egyptian Hall Museum
Hi Chris,
I have all these cool magic-themed postcards, but I've felt like they're a little too weird for most postcrossers.  I'm glad you mentioned Day of the Dead.  I hope you enjoy whatever Hellman is up to.  I also hope that you're having a fabulous start to your retirement...Congrats!  Happy postcrossing!  Mary in NYC

415.  Vitedsk, Belarus
Hello!  My name is Dasha, I'm 20.  I study at the university in the field of history.  Postcrossing addiction, I enjoy reading, Belarus: an ethnography and medicine, history, traditions, rituals, cuisine.  Oh my country is very interesting and colorful.  My country has passed many tests in the form of wars, conquests, the change of power.  Our architecture is very distinctive and is not inferior to European.  For more information you can get acquainted with my country on this site: www.belarus.by  The postcard shows the view of the city of Vitedsk - the northern capital of Belarus.  Regards!

No comments: