Monday, June 13, 2016

POSTCARDS about the MAIL

2902.  Hong Kong
Hello, Warm greetings from Hong Kong.  My ame is Mggie.  I love playing the piano and baking cupcakes.  HK beginning of summer this month.  I hope you're going to have a great time this year.  Maggie.

1951.  Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND
Pillar to Post (1980-new-style box)
Reproduced from a stamp designed by Silk Pearce, engraved by Czeslaw Slania and issued by Royal Mail on 8 October 2002
Hi, I am a retired high school teacher.  I volunteer once a week to help children with their reading.  That gives me time to indulge my love of travelling.  Julian (who has sent and received over 10,000 postcards through Postcrossing!)

1938.  NewZealand
Heaha o mahi i tenie ra? (What did you do today?  Take care, Lauretta

1910.  Hungarian Mailbox sent from GERMANY
"Red Postbox, Esztergom, Hungary"
Hello chris, a lot of greetings from frosty Berlin, we have -7 degrees C today.  And now a bit snow and I would be happy.  What subjects did you teach?  A job in a library sound really well.  I can imagine this for me also.  I wish you all the Best!  Yours, Anna

1288.  Taiwan
Hello, My name is Amy.  Come from Taiwan.  I like reading and eating delicious food.  I have a dog and a cat.  Hope you will like this card.  10 April 2018


1259.  Haarlem, GERMANY
My name is Diana.  This is a German mailbox.  My biggest passion are books, as a child alredy I buy books every week, it's an addiction, but a good one.  At the moment I'm reading quit an "old" book from James Salter:  "Light Years.  Enjoy life. 

1248.  National Postal Museum
Send My Postcard Back/Swapbot
Love your postcard.  I don't remember the postal cards like this one.  I lived out in the country and we couldn't have a postal delivery, we had to go to the post office for it.  Shirley

1104.  Malaysia
Hi Chris, I'm Lyn from Malaysia.  I'm a teacher but right now I'm furthering my studies in special education.  I like reading.  My favorites are books written by L. M. Montgomery.. I've got all her 
ALSO
676.  Malaysia
Have you ever come to Malaysi?  Yous should travel here and will love and miss it.  All the best to you and take care!  Best wishes, Marlina

1044.  Germany
Hello!  I'm Natalie, a 19 year old biology student from Germany.  Today is just a lazy day.  I cooked some pasta and now I watch The Simpsons.  Best wishes, Natalie

1024.  Taipei, Taiwan
Hello, Chris!  My name is Ying-Han.  I come from Taipei, Taiwan.  This card shows Taiwan post office chrcters.  Our post office is green color.  Red mailbox is for private mails and airmails.  Green one is for domestic mails.  Happy everyday.  2017.10.28

941.  POLAND
Hello from Poland!  My name is Jycjan and I'm 9 years old, 4th grade student.  Same like you, I love reading books!  But also love maths and playing chess.  I do travel with my mom :)books yeay!  Have a nice day.
AND
793.  Bonn, Germany
"Colorful Mailboxes"
Bonn is the birthtown of the famous composer L. V. Beethoven.  I'm Gabi and I like to travel around the world.  Have days of smiles.
AND
665.  Poland
Hello Chris, Greetings from Poland!  I'm MoAyus.  I'm 20.  I live in Siemiqnowice Slzskie.  I  hope you will like this postcard.  :)

929. Haarlem, Holland
 We are a mother (school librarian) and daughter from Holland, living near the beaufitul city of Haarlem and the North Sea coast.  Greetings.

917.  Riga, Latvia
"Latvia Postboxes."
Hello!  Greetings from Riga, Latvia.  My name is Ilze.  I'm system analyst in stat e-services portal and my hobbies are reading books, dancing Afro-Latino dances, crocheting, hiking, and traveling.  In September I will go to vacation to Sardinia, Italy.  I hope it will be great!  With best wishes, Ilze.

895.  Germany
Many greetings from Germany, I hope you are well and I send you all my best, Elviis

874.  Maastricht, Netherlands
Hello Chris, My name is Suzanne and I live in Maastricht, Netherlands.  I hope you like this mailbox!  When I read you're not so crazy about cutesie comment, it made me smile and pick a not-cute emoji for you. :)  Suzanne 

857.  Saint Petersburg, Russia
Hello!  Hope you'll like this super old school Russian mailbox from countryside :)  We have here cold summer so windy greetings from Saint Petersburg!  Anastasia 10.07.2017

848.  Russia
Greetings from Russia!  We wish you a sunny mood, many smiles, beautiful postcards and exciting trips this summer!  Have a nice day!  Lena and Alexsey

819.  Germany
"Bills and Love Letters"
This box looks similar to the German post boxes: both are yellow.  But they have no different "entrances" for bills or love letters. :)  Maybe then it would give more love letters.
AND
456.  Bills and Love Letters;  Dortmund, North Rhine - Westphalia, GERMANY
Hello Chris, greetings from Germany.  My name is Angela and I live in a small town close to the city Dortmund in North-Rhine-Westphalia.  The words on the mailbos:
RECHNUNGEN = BILLS
LIEBESBRIEFE = LOVE LETTERS
Hope you like the card.
Take care, Angela
15.07.16

818.  Bronnitsy, Russia
Hi!  My name is Yulia.  I am 18 years old.  I live in the suburbs of oscow.  this year I finished school and I want to connect my life with medicine.  What is your dream?

771.  Moscow, Russia
Greetings from Russia, Moscow!  I hope you like this postcard...have a good mood and happy postrcrossing.


769.  Ipoh, MALAYSIA
Hello!  Greetings from Malaysia

714.  Japan
My name is Natasha and I'm originally from Cologne in Germany, but I've lived in Japan fr about 3 years I "got stuck" here when I met my husband. :) We have a daughter who will be 2 this month.  The mailbox on the card is located in an ousen (Japanese spa) town in Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture.  We live in Sano, Tochigi Prefectore, about 100 km north of Tokyo.  Natasha

712.  Germany
For days we have very cold weather, but sunshine.  Perfect to visit a Christmas market, which we have many in our region.  Greetings from the south of Germany!

692.  Boulder, Colorado
Hello from boulder, Colorado.  My name is Kristen.  I work in a local thrift store that benefits a wildlife rehabilitation center.  It is a strange job because of all the interesting donations we receive.  I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!

678.  Malaysia
Peranakan Architecture: You can find a continuous row of louvered wooden shutters on the facades of most Peranakan shophouses.
Hello Chris, Happy Halloween!  It is not celebrated here but some shops do have some decorations for this day.  Her I am sending you a card of a Peranakan house with a mailbox in front of it.  I hop it!  Victoria Jane

673.  Santa Maria, California
I hope you are enjoying fall in Tucson.  I enjoy many things, but my favorites include crafting, travel, quilting.  I do not enjoy house hold chores.  Happy Postcrossing, Carrie

668.  Salt Lake City, Utah
Hope you like this card of colorful mailboxes.  The election is over - thank goodness!

657.  Taiwan
Special Lanyu Flying Fish Festival & Boat Launching Ceremony AND Taitung Hot Air Balloon Festival
Greetings from Tai-tung.  Have a nice day.  Sabine 10/27/16


629.  Bremen, Germany
Best wishes from Bremen, Germany!  My name is Birkit and I like to travel and I love reading, too!  In the moment I read the books from Chris Colfer, I like them!  Have a nice day and Happy Postcrossing.  Birkit

620.  Happy Postcrossing from Holland
Hello, My name is Monique and I live in Holland.  I hope you like this mailbox card.  Greetings from Holland

616.  Postovni schranky ("Mailboxes") Czech Republic
Hi Chris, My name is Alena.  I live in Czech Republic in a smaller town called Paevy, but I was born in Prague.  I have a husband and our twins, daughter and son, 13 y. o.  My hobbies are playing volleyball, badminton, and to read fantasy books.  I wish all the best to your and your family.  Alena.

579.  BELGIUM (Postcard is Russian)
Bounjor!  I just finished my first week at university.  I was pretty tired but I'm happy to be back at school.  I missed it a little bit.  Hope you have a good day.  Greetings from Belgium, Solange

561.  Greetings from Hong Kong!
I hope you like this shaped mailbox card.  Last week, I have attended postcrossing meetup.  This is my 2nd time to join such event - it is exciting to sign and write many postcards with different postcrossers.
Wish you all the best, Cally.

549.  Russian Mailbox
Hello Chris!  My name is Valeriya and I'm from Moscow, Russia.  I love travelling and next week I'm going to Crete.  Good luck and Happy Postcrossing!   Valeriya

539.  Happiness Express from Japan
My name is Erika, and I'm 24 y.o. I'm from Taiwan.  I study Japanese in Tokyo City, Japan.  Hope you will like the postcard.  I wish you all the best.  Take care, Erika Oa

530. Saitama, Japan
Dear Chris, Hello!  Greetings from Japan.   My name is Miki.  I live in Saitama with my husband and son (two months old).  I like doing yoga, shopping and traveling.  September 19 is Respect for the Aged Day, which is a Japanese holiday celebrated annually to honor elderly people.  Many people spend time with their grandparents.  I wish you all the best.  Miki


514.  The Netherlands
Hello, Although not a postbox, this card shows the post (wo)man.  In the Netherlands he often comes by bike.  I live in Apolder, about 5 meters below Scalevd, on the former seabord (hard to read the writing).  My birthday is also on 30th of April.
Happy postcrossing and best wishes, Koen

705.  Peti Surat (Postbox) - Malaysia
Hello Chris,  Apa Khabar?  Means How are you in Malay.
 This is the postbox that I sused to mail out postcard.  Hope you like it.  Have a great day.
also:
497.  Peti Surat (Postbox) - Malaysia
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Malaysia.  Good day to you.  Sending you thig mailbox shaped card.  Hope you like it.
     Happy Postcard Uniting.  Love, Isabella

472. "Write a letter for you" - Taipei, Taiwan
Hello Chris, My name is Ginny and I'm from Taipei, Taiwan... "You've Got Mail" is my favorite romance move.  Share with you!  Ginny


470.  Gulang Island, CHINA
Hello!  I'm Fanny, from China.  This is a mailbox I think ... maybe.  This card is from Gulang Island, a famous view of Chine, it just near my city.  This island has many old European buildings and delicious seafood.  Happy postcrossing, Fanny


462. Burgundy region, central France
Hello Chris, Here is a postcard from France.  I am British but if live with my American-French wife in a small town called Premery in Burgundy region, central France, close to the vineyards and the Loire river, the longest rier in France.  Best wishes for you new life in Pennsylvania, where my sife's sister lives!  Chris in Burgundy

455.  HAPPY EVERYDAY from Moscow, Russia
Hi from Moscow!  There are a lot of brilliant places there!  Have your ever been in Russia?

425.  Summertime Greetings from Latvia
This postcard and the words of wisdom are for you:
"Give every day the change to become the most beautiful of your life."  Mark Twain
Have a beautiful day filled with happiness and love, Inguna 19.06.16

366.  Fun Facts:   US Letter Delivery
May 19, 2016
Aurora, NC 72 degrees F
Hello Classy,
My name is Casey and I live in Jacksonville, FL.  I work as a tugboat captain in North Carolina.
Peace,  Casey B.


332.  Oregon City, Oregon
Dear Chris,
Happy Friday the 13th!  Greetings from Oregon City, Oregon.  I sent you another card, but since it's at 50 days out I'm assuming it's gone.  So if it shows up, you have 2!  Happy Postcrossing, Paula

288.  Received 4/25/2106
Hello, I am not a religious type, but I live in "Roermond", with several churches ha, ha, ha.  In my country I love "the keukenhof" in lisse (not sure of the spelling, hard to read the handwriting) with lots of flowers in beautiful colours.  And driving a Solex bike with my sons and husband.  And in the end dinner near the lake.

143.  Russia

No comments: