Saturday, June 18, 2016

MOVIE - Love and Friendship

PG (1:34)
Limited release 5/13/16
Viewed summer of 2016 - I think at the Majestic in Gettysburg
RT Critic: 98   Audience:  60
Critic's Consensus:  Love & Friendship finds director Whit Stillman bringing his talents to bear on a Jane Austen adaptation -- with a thoroughly delightful period drama as the result.
Cag:  3 Like it okay
Directed by Whit Stillman
Westerly Films
Based on the book of the same name by Jane Austen

Kate Beckinsale, Chloe Sevigny

My comments:   Unfortunately, I didn't write down my review when watching it, and this is being written over 100 movies later.  I remember being annoyed by one of the actresses, I think it was Chloe Sevigny, but I can't remember why.  Shoot, I had lots of reasons for rating it a 3 at the time...

RT/ IMDb Summary:   Beautiful young widow Lady Susan Vernon visits to the estate of her in-laws to wait out the colorful rumors about her dalliances circulating through polite society. Whilst ensconced there, she decides to secure a husband for herself and a future for her eligible but reluctant daughter, Frederica. In doing so she attracts the simultaneous attentions of the young, handsome Reginald DeCourcy, the rich and silly Sir James Martin and the divinely handsome, but married, Lord Manwaring, complicating matters severely.

No comments: