Monday, June 13, 2016

"Did You Know" Postcards

341.  IDAHO...did you know?
5/18/16 
Hi Chirs, While this is not the "flashiest" of cards, it is a "did you know."  Hop you don't have it.  I had hip surgery last week and will have all summer off - like a teacher!  The pain is no fun, thous.  Lisa

503.  New Orleans, Louisiana
Hi Chris, My name is Kathy Lea and I live in Louisiana.  I like to travel, read, garden, and postcrossing.  I've never been up north, it is way too cold for me.  I love the tropical weather we have down here.  Hope you have a great day!

699.  Tura Beach, NSW, Australia
Did You Know? Humpback Whale
The humpback whale is not the largest of the whale family, but it can still grow to 16 metres in length, weigh up to 40 tonnes and can live to be 48 years old.  These great mammals can throw their great mass up out of the water in a fantastic display.  They are a living wonder and have been an endangered species since 1963.  The breeding ground of the Humpback Whale remains a mystery.  Pods of humpback whales are observed every year on the coast of Australia during their 5000 km migration, returning to Antarctica.

No comments: