Monday, June 13, 2016

Postcards about CEMETERIES

580.  Indonesia
Open air funerals in Tana Toraja, South Celebes
Hello Chris,
Greetings from Indonesia.  My name is Nisa and I live in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia.  yesterday, we just celebrate our independence day.  This postcard shows you a "graveyard" in Toraja.  They have such a unique funeral ceremony.  If someone died, they will keep the body for sometime and one day, in the ceremony, the dead body will walk by his own to his graveyard.  They say it's magic.  I can't explain any logical explanation for this.  You can search "The Walking Corpses."  Have a nice day!  Nisa


370.  Cimetiere Americain  - Normandy Landing Beaches, France  (card is from ROMANIA)
Normandy Landing Beaches, Colleville, Saint-Laurent-sur-mer (Calvados).  The American Cemetery - The memorial and the 9286 graves.
Hello and many greetings from N-W part of Romania.  My name is Duidiu and I love to travel.  This card is from my latest trip to France.  A nice one foryour cemetery collection.  All the Best, Duidiu.

503.  New Orleans, Louisiana
Hi Chris, My name is Kathy Lea and I live in Louisiana.  I like to travel, read, garden, and postcrossing.  I've never been up north, it is way too cold for me.  I love the tropical weather we have down here.  Hope you have a great day!

521.  Pensacola, FLORIDA
(Card is from somewhere in the US)
Thank you for letting me send you this card.  I have been holding on to it for awhile waiting to send it tot he right person.  I love the irony in your last name.  I recently traveled through Arizona and got some good jackalope postcards.  Devin

No comments: