661. Florida Fun Facts
- Just a few days after Easter 1513, Spanish Explorer Ponce de Leon landed near what is now St. Augustine and named the area Pascua Florida, Or "Flowery Easter."
- Orlando attracts more visitors than any other tourist destination in the United States. Narly 60 million people visit Orlando every year.
- Florida is similar in size to England and Wales combined.
- No atter where you are in Florida, you are never more than 60 miles away from the ocean.
- Florida produces 80% of the US citrus products. The key limes of the Florida Keys are the tastiest. Key lime pie is a specialty in Florida.
- Famous writer Ernest Hemingway lived in Key West in the 1930s. His house is now a museum and home to over 40 cats.
- Clearwater has the highest rate of lightning strikes per capita in the United States.
- Greetings from sunny Florida, city of Fort Lauderdale which is called the Venice of America. My name is Nataly. I love to read and travel. Before I lived in Russia, Moscow. I wish you to get positive emotions and all the very best.
"Twice a year, during May and July, a phenomenon known as Manhattenhenge occurs in New York City. The setting sun aligns perfectly with the east-west streets of Manhattan."
This postcard isn't traveling very far! I live in NJ across the river from Philadelphia!
Hope you like this postcard!