Friday, June 17, 2016

Postcards Received Friday, June 17, 2016

396.  Jiufen, Taipei, Taiwan
Dear Chris,
This is card from Taiwan.  My name is Li Yu Vou.  I am 28 years old.  There are a few sights in Taiwan you probably don't want to miss.  Jiufen is one of them.  If you have the opportunity I hope you can arrive to play.
Have a nice day.

397. Czech Republic
Hello Chris,
My name if Filip.  I live on Browsis.  I go to school Pneamost.  I am 14 years old.  My hobbies are cycling, cooking, sleeping and walking.  I go to seventh class.  My sister's name ua Poja,  My mother's name is Renatra and my father's name is Povel.  My dog's name is Bella.  Bye.

398.  Taiwan is Fun
Dear Chris,
My name is Louis.  I live and work in Taiwan.  I have been to visit USA several years ago.  It's a very beautiful country.  There are some famous landmarks of Taiwan.  I hope you like this postcard.  Best wishes, Louis

399.  Tom Purvis, British "East Coast Resorts"
a MOMA card from Hong Kong
I'm originally from Canada and have lived in Hong Kong over 9 years, teaching English.  It's a crowded, busy place, but interesting.  I've never been to your part of the world - haven't seen a lot of the USA.  Maybe someday I'll get there. 
Louis Porter

400.  Worcestershire Thatch, England
Hi kids,
What a great school project!  these houses date back before 1800 when slate for roofs started to become commercially available.  Today they are expensive to maitain, and difficult to insure because of fire risk.  But they look beautiful and there are still thousands around in the UK, and other parts of Europe.  I live in Droitwick, Worcestershire.
Best Regards, Duncan

401.  Lift Your Eyes!  Latvia
Dear Chris, my name is Ilze and I am 27.  I am writing you from Riga, Latvia.  It is a rural country in the northern Europe between the Baltic Sea and Russia.  Here we are only 2 million people.  We speak Latvian and we like to pick berries and mushrooms in the forest.  We also like the sea and everything about it.  We have cold winters and short summers but the nature id wonderful.  Have a nice summer!

402.  Berlin, Germany
Hello Chris!  I guess I never written to a person living on a "mt." before :)  Although your avatar doesn't look very mountainous :)  Ok, what you see on the front of this card is something famous (but not a building :) and Berlin Unique, a takeaway or sandwich bar called Konnopka's Imbib.  Should you ever visit Berlin don't miss a chance to try this one.  Wish you all the best, Andre
My reply to him:
Thanks so much for your card! I'm not sure why Mt. Holly Springs is named Mount. I lived for 30 years in Maine on Mt. Desert Island (which was an abbreviation for the way the French explorers named the Island of deserted mountains. They have plenty of conifers on them now!) My avatar is actually where I live during the school year, in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is in a valley between FOUR mountain ranges - and there's no Mount in the name. Go figure. I love your handwriting, by the way. Can you tell I'm a school teacher? Best, Chris

No comments: