Thursday, October 6, 2016

Postcards Received Thursday, 10/6/16

589.  Flying Jackalope of the South Dakota Badlands
sent from Portland, Oregon
One of the world's rarest and most unusual animals, The Flying Jackalope is most frequently found in South Dakota's Badlands near Wall.  It is extremely shy and capable of blinding speed to escape detection.  Because of its evasive nature it has no been considered on of the "endangered species" despite it rarity.  This prize photo was taken with a telephoto lens a short way east of Wall.
I had to uninstall Pokemon Go on my phone.  I was convinced I would kill myself or someone...with my car.  I noticed I was playing at red lights...then playing in stalled traffic.  Buyt it wasn't until I asked myself while driving across a bridge, "I wonder if there are water pokemon here?"  I did not check because I imagined myself driving off the bridge.  Of course I would not die, but I would have had to explain how it happened.  I delted the game when I got home.  -TM

590.  Russian Kremlins Postage Stamps
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Russia, Urals.  I live near Yekaterinburg with my husband and fat cat.  I wish you warm autumn!  Elena

No comments: