Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MOVIE - I Am Number Four

So kept my attention - but of course, the book was better
Released 2-18-11 (DVD 5-24-11)
PG-13 (1:44)
2/22/22 at El Con, alone
RT: 30 cag: 80
Director: D. J. Caruso
from the book by Pitticus Lore
Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Dianna Agron (from Glee)

First of all, I couldn't wait to see Timothy Olyphant play the "dad" figure, Henry. However, it didn't work. I couldn't see the strong, loving bond that I felt so strongly in the book. Alexc Pettyfer is a doll, but wasn't the John I had in my mind. diaan Agron played the Sarah really well, and the bad guys were perfect.

To remind myself of the storyline, I can just read my book review. There's a huge opening for a second installment, but I haven't read anywhere about another. I'll have to do some research.

No comments: