Friday, December 15, 2017

PENGUIN Postcards Received

2901.  Gentoo Penguins
We live at a very quiet (and some people say "lonely") area, surrounded by nature.  I have a very large garden, and grow everything on  fruits and vegetables we eat (and mostly still enough to give to the kids) - This garden keeps me busy and fit, and the same do our 2 little dogs.  And even though I'ma a bit far away from "social" life, I never feel bored.  I'm more than happy.  All the best, Monique.


2900.  Emperor Penguins Huddling
Howdy from San Antonio!  I am married and have a do yr. old son.  I love to read, watch ice hockey especially the Pittsburgh Penguins and I have been collecting all kinds of penguins for 40 years.  I also started taking figure skating lessons in Feb. 2021 - something I always wanted to do.  It's a great cardio workout.  I hope your are staying safe & healthy.  Regine.

2131.  From Russia with love!
Good day!  Hello dear Mrs. Chris Graves!  I'm pleased to greet you from Russia.  Once I was lucky enough to travel around the USA.  I like your country, people, and culture.  I love to read and I have a very large home library.  I also love nature and my little garden.  Wishing you and your family peace and happiness!  Best wishes and Good luck!  Alexander

2130.  Sent from Taiwan
no message

2129.  Hello from Russia!
My name is Liukov.  I live in cultural capital in Saint Petersburg.  I like music and coffee.  It helps me in all cases.  So my favorite season is autumn.  I think rain is good for coffee and music.  :)

1981.  New Jersey
Greetings from the great state of New Jersey.  Take Care!

1971.  Juist Island, Germany
"King Penguin Pair"
Hi Chris,  Many greetings from island Juist in Germany.  Cars are forbidden here - except rescue cars.  Transports are done by horses, people ride bicycles.  Happy Postcrossing!  Martina

1911.  Sopot, Poland, on the Baltic Sea coast
Hello Chris!  I'm Natalia (33 y.o.) and I live with my husband and two lovely children (3 and 6 y.o.) in Sopot, a touristic city on the Baltic Sea coast.  Today here in Sopot is -6 degrees C (21 F) and it is snowing.  My children are going on a sled.  Wish you all the best in 2019!  Natalia

1296.  China
 CHN-42839
 received 5/12/18
Hello.  Greetings from China.  I hope you get this card successfully. 
"Accept what was and what is, and you will have more positive energy to pursue what will be."  
This is a sentence I like.

1271.  New England Aquarium
Rockhopper Penguin
"Rockhopper penguins are popular for their punk rock hair of wild yellow feathers.  Rockhoppers get their name from jumping over boulders and across cracks on the coasts of their native South America.
Received from suepier/CA in a swapbot postcard swap called "Two Good Movies #1

1236.  Suzhou, CHINA
I'm Zhong?? come from Suzhou of P. R. C. The red ink is my own stone seal engraved patern., a blessing!  I hope you can like it.

1224.  from China
Greetings from China, I hope you like the postcard and stamps I chose.  Happy Chinese New Year!  Mazhanlong


1182 .  Greetings from Volgograd, Russia!
My name is Julia, I am 18 years old and I am a student.  I hope you enjoy this postcard.  I wish you all the best in the new year!  Julia.  20.01.2018
1177.  Hong Kong
Hello Chris, Greetings from Hon Kong!  This postcard was designed by a local artist.  He gave a chance for penguins to fly!  Hope you like this card.  Cheers, Stacey Tsang

1174.  Poland
Hello Chris!  Thanks you for registering my lost postcard (the lost postcard is the one above).  Here is a second one for you.  (It is of a book and rose with the quote from Umberto Eco:  "Who reads books, he lives a double.")  I am pensioner and after stroke I have troubles with handwriting.  Let me know when you receive this postcard.  With love, Halina

1156.  Oregon Zoo sent from Larsen Bay, AK
Humboldt Penguin.  These flightless sea birds inhabit the coast of Peru.  With their streamlined bodies and strong flippers they are able to swim at up to 30 mph!  The Zoo's colony of more than 35 penguins live in an award-winning exhibit that features below the water viewing and a wave machine.
Hugs from Alaska, where there are no penguins, Sherry

1142.  "Africa Rocks" at the San Diego Zoo
They just opened this new Africa Rocks section.  There's a new really nice penguin exhibit that also has leopard sharks in it - the zoo's first sharks!  Hope you're staying warm - it was 80 degrees when I sent to the zoo on Saturday! (Jan 15)

1092.  Vienna, Austria


1068.  Wuppertal (near Cologne), Germany

1059.  Yellow-Eyed Penguin
I saw on your profile that you like penguins, so do I.  Thought you might like this postcard of the Yellow Eyed Penguin.  These penguins live mainly in the southern parts of New Zealand and are protected as much as possible.  Unfortunately this year the numbers of these penguins have declined.  There is an organization that supports the Yellow Eyed Penguin here in New Zealand and I belong to that.  Kaxa   11-30-2017


998.  Higashiyama Zoo, Japan

No comments: