Tuesday, December 26, 2017

MOVIE - Father Figures

R (1:53)
Wide release 12/22
Viewed 12/26/2017 in Camp Hill
IMBd: 5/10
RT Critic: 25   Audience:  42
Cag:  4/Liked it a lot
Directed by Lawrence Sher
Warner Brother Pictures

Ed Helms, Owen Wilson, Glenn Close, Terry Brandshaw, J. K. Simmons

My comments:  This was a really funny comedy that I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was pretty impossible to believe throughout the entire movie that Ed Helms and Owen Wilson were actual twin brothers, but in theory they pulled it off and I laughed my butt off in many places.  They're both really good and really funny, and I thouroughly enjoyed Glenn Glose as their mom.  During the credits it said that one of the actresses was Katie Asleton - I'm pretty sure this is my old friend Jennifer's sister-in-law and when I looked it p, sure enough, she was born in Milbridge, Maine.  Don't you love it when small town local girls make it in the big time?  She's married to Mark Duplass.  Cool.

RT/ IMDb Summary:  Two brothers (Owen Wilson and Ed Helms) hit the road to find their long-lost dad after they learn that their mom has been lying to them about his death. 

No comments: