Friday, June 17, 2016

MOVIE - Me Before You

PG-13 (1:50)
Wide release 6/3/16
Viewed Carlisle 8 on 6/17/16 (new recliners were very comfy)
RT Critic: 57   Audience:  80
Critic's Consensus:  Me Before You benefits from Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin's alluring chemistry, although it isn't enough to compensate for its clumsy treatment of a sensitive subject.
Cag:  2 - Didn't really like it that much, the acting, the setting, but hated the story.  All of it.
Directed by Thea Sharrock
Warner Brothers Pictures
Based on the book by Jojo Moyes

Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin

My comments: Emilia Clarke, the grinny, upbeat protaganist of this movie is none other than the gal who portrays the white-blonde haired Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones!  Who would have thunk it?  She did a superb job in this movie.  The costume designer did a great job picking out the perfect just-a-little-offbeat separates for her, which I enjoyed immensely. That being said, this is a story for lovers of Nicholas Sparks, of which I am not.  This is a tear jerker.  I despise tear jerkers.  I'm so glad I didn't read the book, and I think I'm going to wipe any Jojo Moyes titles off my wishlist.  She gets filed away beside Nicholas Sparks (ech!) for me. 'Nuff said.

RT Summary:  Adapted from the bestselling novel by Jo Jo Moyes, Me Before You tells the story of the unexpected relationship that blossoms between a contented small town Englishwoman and the wealthy, paralyzed Londoner who hires her as his caretaker.

No comments: