Thursday, November 7, 2013

MOVIE - The Mortal Instrument: City of Bones

PG-13 (2:10)
Wide Release /23/2013
I saw it after school Wed 11/6/13 at Crossroads
RT Critic: 12 Audience: 65
Cag: 3 liked it, Very entertaining, and I loved watching this group of actors
Directed by Harald Zwart
Sony Pictures
Based on the YA book by Cassandra Clare


My comments:  I found the lead male, Jamie Campbell Bower, fascinating to watch, and when Jonathan Rhys-Myers appeared, I was quite pleased!  I'd heard the plot was difficult to understand, but I didn't find that at all.  Maybe I've read enough YA stories of this sort, but I can't think of a single questions I have about what happened or why.  I loved the creepy shape-changing into demonic characters!  If a second movie is not made - because of bad reviews - I'll have to read the second book, because I really do want to know what happens next!

Fandango synopsis:  Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Lily Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother (Lena Headey), Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters, who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures. Based on the worldwide best-selling book series.

No comments: