Saturday, November 23, 2013

MOVIE - Grown Ups 2

PG-13 (1:41)
Wide Release 7-12-13
Viewed at Century Cheapies on Kolb, Friday 11-22-2013
RT Critic: 7 Audience:  57
Cag: 3 liked it although it was REALLY stupid (it HAS made over $133 million dollars!)
Directed by Dennis Dugan
Sony Pictures

Adam Sandler et al


My comments:  I liked Grown Ups (the first one) and I knew this would probably be the last chance to see this version on the "big screen," so off I went.  I really like to see a movie after school on Friday, and I've been shooting for light faire (Friday is a really tough day at school, full and intense) so this actually fit the bill perfectly.  It certainly wasn't profound or cleverly funny; it was just plain silly and fun to watch.  Yup.  Fun.  It was perfect for the mood I was in, just what I'd expected (and I always enjoy Adam Sandler, no matter how stupid....).

Rotten Tomatoes:  The all-star comedy cast from Grown Ups returns (with some exciting new additions) for more summertime laughs. Lenny (Adam Sandler) has relocated his family back to the small town where he and his friends grew up. This time around, the grown ups are the ones learning lessons from their kids on a day notoriously full of surprises: the last day of school.

No comments: