Saturday, October 1, 2016

Postcards with Bikes...etc.

1908.  Hamburg, Germany
Hi Chris, the "Rote Flora" is a former theatre in the Sternschanze quarter in Hamburg.  It has been squatted since Nov. 1989 in response to a decision to turn it into a musical theatre.  It has served as a nexuc for radical and revolutionary culture.  Having survived multiple fires, plans by the city to demolish the entire structure, and frequent clashes with the police, Rote Flora, with its dilapidated, graffiti=covered facaed, has become a symbol of the radical left in Germany.
     So, this is not a typical tourist card from Hamburg...at least I hope so!
Best wishes, Sophia

1269.  Greetings from Macao!
Macao is a small city with high population, which is a Special Administrative Region of China.  Since Macao was formerly a Portuguese colony, here you can find the harmonious combination of Chinese and Portuguese buildings.  The picture on the card is A-Ma Temple, which is one of hte famous tourist destinations in Macao.  Hope that you'll like this postcard!   2018.3.21

896.  Halle, GERMANY

Bewt summer regards from Halle in Germany.  Halle is the old birthtown of the composer Handel.  Here is the mystic "Sky Disc' (see Google).  I like also books and the nature.  I wish you many lucky days!  Jorg.

753.  Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Beste Chris, greetings from town Heemsliesh, a village close to the beach and 30 km to Amsterdam.  I work in Amsterdam in a laboratory.  In the labe we are analyzing medicines and drugs in blood and urine.  I'm 45 years old and like to read, hike, geocache and travel. Our next holiday will go to Austria and Slovenia.  Ee hele fiyne dag. Marielle

614.  Greetings from Holland
with love...

554.  Ipoh, Malaysia
The building in Concubine Lane were constructed in 1908
Hello Chris,
Greetings from Malaysia.  I hope you are in the best of health.  Today is our country 59th Independence Day.  I wish you all the best and happy postcard writing.  Regards, Juita

514.  The Netherlands
Hello, Although not a postbox, this card shows the post (wo)man.  In the Netherlands he often comes by bike.  I live in Apolder, about 5 meters below Scalevd, on the former seabord (hard to read the writing).  My birthday is also on 30th of April.
Happy postcrossing and best wishes, Koen

475.  Groeten uit Holland (Greetings from Holland)
Hi Chris!  It's my bike!  Typical for Holland.  I like knitting too.  Where I live is a small village, it has 2000 residents.  Heb het goed = All the best!
Anja

389.  Libros - GERMANY
June 7, 2016 - a very sunny day in Darmstadt,Germany
Dear Chrisk, I hope this postcard meets you in a happy mood!  I live in a fairly big town, which has a lot of university students, many parks, and some pretty buildings.  The only thing that's missing is some water, a lake or a river for example.  I always like the smell and sound of it.  Love, Cindy

No comments: