Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Big Day

Today was a big day.  I quite my job at the library.  After 3 1/2 years of prepping and presenting programs, helping patrons, working weird and crazy hours including nights and weekends, and more recently videoing live programming, all four of the youth services department "quit" together.  We have been cleaning all surfaces in the very large youth services section hourly as well as any computer after each usage, but today we were asked to clean the public bathrooms, including toilets, every two hours. This was not acceptable to any of us, and as a team we left together. 

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the rest of my team to talk about ways we can go forward together, serving the youth and parents of our town when it comes to literacy and schooling in our community.  I'm actually quite excited, even though I'm not sure how I'm going to eat, lol~

No comments: