Wednesday, July 8, 2020

104. Winter in Paradise by Elin Hildebrand

listened on Audible
narrated by Erin Bennett
Unabridged audio (
2018
320 pgs.
Genre/Level
Finished 7/8/2020
Goodreads rating: 2.5
My rating: 2.5
Setting: contemporary St. John Virgin Islands

First line/s

What I posted on Goodreads:  

My comments: I've always resisted reading this author's work, I just didn't think she would be my cup of tea.  I discovered that I was right and she wasn't (my cuppa).  This story is about two families, set in St. John Virgin Islands.  I loved the setting, and in a little bit of researching discovered that many of the restaurants s mentioned, and most of the attractions and places, were real, which was pretty cool.  You have to be really rich to go there even to visit, which means I never will be able to, but I sure would like to.  There weren't many characters that I liked.  The two grown sons were idiots.  The forgiving that the thwarted wife had was totally unbelievable to me, when I replaced her dead, philandering husband with my own dead, not-philandering husband.  If I had ever discovered what she did there's no way I would ever in a million years feel the way that she did, so her whole persona was really hard for me to take.  The mystery of what the dead husband, Russ, did for a living - and hinted at at the end, in my opinion - was horribly handled.  I kept rolling my eyes;  Nope not much of this book did it for me at all.

Goodreads synopsis:  

No comments: