Sunday, May 3, 2020

73. Alien Fae Mate by Misty Kayn/Milana Jacks

listened on Audible Escape
narrated by Hollie Jackson
Unabridged audio (2:12) Novella
2016 Inked Refuge
80 pgs.
Adult SciFi Alien Romance
Finished 5-3-20
Goodreads rating: 3.34- 95 ratings
My rating: 2

My comments:  I wish I could find (free) short stories that have to do with science fiction/fantasy/aliens that aren't full of sex/smut.  They probably exist, but I can't find any in the free world of Audible Escape.  I've looked.  This story was full of sketchy outlining, the beginnings of creating a race that has invaded earth, but skims over what could really be interesting and super creative because either the author thinks that readers want lots of smut and steaminess or that's all they know how to write  What I want is out there, I'm sure, but apparently it's not free, lol...Steam is 3 out of 4, but I totally skimmed over these parts.  They're all the same in every book!

Goodreads synopsis:  He won’t risk losing her. She’ll risk everything to have him.
          Rain maintains the science projects that allow the Fae to walk on the iron-cored earth, but she can’t figure out what her Fae boss wants. She’s tried blonde, brunette, C-cup and D, slutty heels and flats. Nothing works. But with the Fae mating season coming up, she’s pulling out all the stops.
          Titan has explored the galaxy—and found the one woman he can never have. Rain is perfection, but he won’t risk losing her in a mating ritual that could kill her. Except her stepped-up steaminess is making his palms sweat, and his grip on his control is slipping...
          ***mating trope topped with HEA. A Standalone Erotic Romance Novella.

No comments: