Friday, April 3, 2020

Dede's Christmas Hexie Table Runner: The Second in a Possible Series

This one's for Dede.  And although I have a lot of black fabric left, it's really hard for me to see to sew on it, AND because I don't think Dede would like the black (though she might) She loves reds and greens for Christmas, so I'll leave out the blues and purples that I love.  I found enough white to use on hers. Her table's a very long 90 inches, so this one'll have to be a long one!  So here goes.

4/1/2020
The first flower:











4/1/2020 A first day's progress  
4/2/2020 And at the end of the second day....time on my hands because I'm quarantined....Six flowers!
4/3/2020 Day 3 of cutting and sewing white hexies, then attaching.   The first photo is an idea for the future - making a round centerpiece...I think it looks cool.... but then I added more to continue this table runner.





And at the end of Day 3, here's where I was.  9 flowers...


4/4/2020 Day four of working on this table runner and Day 22 of the quarantine, I'm still making the white hexies like crazy and since I want to keep this mainly reds, greens, blacks, and whites, I also cut and made a few more flowers.  This will slow me down a bit, because before this i had a pile of already-made flowers to choose from.  Finished Season 3 of Travelers (the last one, unfortunately).  It's coming together quite nicely, I think. I must admit, my fingers are sore.  12 flowers!
4/5/2020 Day 5 and 16 1/2 Flowers!
I also sewed and pressed three strings of 9 hexies to attach to towels.





4/6/2020 Day 6 and 19 flowers...getting there!
I also appliqued two flowers to the fronts of potholder squares.

It's growing!



4/7/2020 Day 7 - 22 flowers
I'm now making new flowers...most of the previous sewing was done with flowers I'd already jointed.  Very sore right middle finger where my skin is getting tougher and tougher, lol!

4/8/2020 Day 8....25.5 flowers, and on I go!
     Running out of fabrics that make me happy, although I have 8 or 9 flowers that don't "do it" for me, so I'm hunting around for fabrics that work for me.
4/9/2020 Day 9 ... 27 flowers
     I decided that I want this to be at least 72" long, and that two flowers measure about 12  inches.  Therefore, I'll probably need anywhere from 12 to 14  flowers down the center, so many more.  I don't want to stop, because I really want to finish this, but I'm getting tired of it... that means either 4, 7, or 10 more flowers to go. I'm starting to groan.

4/11/20120 DAY 11 Finished the top!


4/17/2020 Ironed and ironed and ironed....took out all the outside papers and took to Deb Weigle to quilt!

No comments: