Tuesday, January 21, 2020

14. Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss

#1 Men of Inked
Listened to audio / Chirp
narrated by Lance Greenfield and Kirsten Leigh
Unabridged audio (8:19)
2014 Bliss Ink
278 pgs.
Adult Romance/Steamy
Finished 1/21/20
Goodreads rating:  4.03 - 15,408 ratings
My rating:  2.5
Setting: Contemporary Florida

First line/s: "The moonlight filtered through the pine trees lining the fields, leaving shadows on the pavement."

My comments:  The first in a series of books called "Men of Inked", which I'm guessing is about a family of siblings since this first one is about a tattooer and his siblings.  Not great writing, and I hate how City (what a stupid name)/Joey calls Suzy "Sugar" all the time.  It's cheezy.  And the required best friend and her boyfriend make me roll my eyes, they're just thrown in to add pages, unneeded pages.  Yeah, I still read this, right? Yuck.

Goodreads synopsis:  Suzy’s a control freak with her life mapped out—work hard, find the right man, and live happily ever after. Her plan comes to a screeching halt when her car breaks down and a tattooed bad boy rescues her from the side of the road.
          The chance encounter leads to a night of passion and turns her world upside down. Can their one-night stand ever turn into the real thing?

No comments: