Saturday, April 20, 2019

Later-in-April 2019 Postcards Received

1963.  Sunny California
Hello from Sunny California!  I work for the post office here and Postcrossing is like job security :)
Best wishes, Elizabeth

1962.  Mason City, Iowa
Greetings from Mason City, Iowas, in the iddle of the corn belt.  Mason City is the birthplace of Meredith Willson, the composter of "The Music Man" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown."  Needless to say the community is nuts about music.  I refer to Diet Coke as "My Preciousssss!"  Best wishes from the Priaire, Gary

1959.  Germany
Mary Cassatt (1844-1926)
Young Lady Reading
Hello Chris, I hope you'll like this card.  I like reading on my sofa, too.  Only I wear much more comfortable clothes!  Best wishes, Sabine

1958.  Bremen, Germany

1957.  Greetings from the UNITED KINGDOM
Greetings from England, Chris!  I'm Adam, I'm 24 and i'm currently studying for master's in Latin American Studies  On the 24th I'll go to Brazil to do some research.  Happy (early/belated) Birthday!

1951.  Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND
Pillar to Post (1980-new-style box)
Reproduced from a stamp designed by Silk Pearce, engraved by Czeslaw Slania and issued by Royal Mail on 8 October 2002
Hi, I am a retired high school teacher.  I volunteer once a week to help children with their reading.  That gives me time to indulge my love of travelling.  Julian (who has sent and received over 10,000 postcards through Postcrossing!)

1950.  St Petersburg, RUSSIA
Postcrossing Meet-Up
 23.03.19

1949.  Old Jewish Cemetery in Wroclaw, POLAND
Stary Cemntarz Zydowski Muzeum Sztuki Cmentarnej
Odzial Muzeum Miejskiego Wroclawia
I am sending you a postcard depicting The Old Jewish Cemetery in Wroclaw, old medieval city in southwestern Poland.  I lie and work in Warsaw.  Best, Marek

No comments: