Sunday, February 4, 2018

Postcards of BRIDGES


2082.  Covered Bridges of New Hampshire
Greetings from NH, Chris, where we're famous for our beautiful covered bridges.  I'm also a retired teacher (enjoyed every grade from K - 6th grade, with the exception of 1st grade).  Many of my former students have found me on FB.  Love PA - stopped there every time I drove to/fro FL (where I lived and taught in the 1980s).  Also taught K in VA Beach.  Love the ocean - beach walking with my little rescue dog, combing for sea glass, drama, Bible teaching, and travel.  Best, June

2063.  Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, WALES
4 May 2021
Greetings from Wales, UK!  This aqueduct bridge in North Wales is the highest in the world.  I haven't yet gone over by narrow boat but hope to soon!  It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.  Have a great day!  Claire

2050.  Rhine Bridge, Lower Rhine Region, Germany
I send you sunny regards from the lower Rhine region, I hope you like the Rhine bridge by Wesel?  I love the green country life here with my dog Rudy.  A great book is from F Schahing, "Tod & Teufel."  Best wishes and stay healthy.

2048.  Potsdam Glenicker Brucke (Bridge)
Many greetings from Berlin.  I send you the bridge of Alientche is the border between Berlin and Potsdam.  It is a very pretty area.  There are many lakes and castles.  Stay healthy!  Alex

2042.  Mungstener Brucke (Bridge) GERMANY
Hello from the small town Haan in the west of Germany, called "Rheinland, :the old father Rhein" is the biggest German river.  It is coming from Switzerland and ends in the Netherlands.  The river under the bridge is a tributary of the Rhein.  This is the highest railway bridge in Grmany, is is located in our neighbour city.  Best wishes to you.  Hope your mailbox is filled upp with cards you like.  Regards with love.  Please stay healthy with covid!!

939.  A Bridge in Russia, but I don't know where, darn it!
Hello, hope you will like this card.  Best regards, Anna

745.  Garganta do Diabo - Santa Maria - BRAZIL
Valley of the Devil's Throat
Hi!  Today I'm studying for school and it's cold, so I'm happy.  I love to study and learn new things and reading is good to reflect about life.... If you like reading, you should read AGatha Christie, she's the best.  Be happy!

No comments: