Friday, March 11, 2016

MOVIE - 10 Cloverfield Lane

PG-13 (1:45)
Wide release 3/11/16
Viewed opening day at The Roadhouse with Julee
RT Critic:  91  Audience:  87
Critic's Consensus:  Smart, solidly crafted, and palpably tense, 10 Cloverfield Lane makes the most of its confined setting and outstanding cast -- and suggests a new frontier for franchise filmmaking.   I wholeheartedly disagree.
Cag:  2- Some parts of it were okay
Directed by Dan Trachtenberg
Bad Robot Productions

John Goodman

My comments:  Smart?  Palpably tense?  Not to me....for me it was stupid and not really tense at all.  S-L-O-W (Maybe I've seen too many action films lately?)  Not high on my list...in case you can't tell.....

RogerEbert.com review here.  3 stars (?!!??)

RT Summary:  A young woman wakes up after a terrible accident to find that she's locked in a cellar with a doomsday prepper, who insists that he saved her life and that the world outside is uninhabitable following an apocalyptic catastrophe. Uncertain what to believe, the woman soon determines that she must escape at any cost.


No comments: