Sunday, April 19, 2015

Grandmother's Flower Garden - Week 7 Update

Three weeks since my last posting....including 10 days vacation on the east coast.  I took my hexies with me, but since I can only sew them together with my glasses off, this eliminated some of my quality work time.  I can baste them with my glasses on, so I got to do quite a few of them.  A lot of whip stitching happened on the plane - and because the quarters in the economy seats are so confined, I stabbed myself in the cheek!  Here's what I have completed so far:

I also started a pillow for Ella.  I've got the flower done, still have to turn it into a pillow.  That added another 37 hexies to baste and sew together...

I spread out on Laura's kitchen table (it was so wonderful to be there...)

The count, at the end of 7 weeks:

Completed flowers:  38
Completed kits (flowers ready to be sewn together): 12
Diamonds completed: 10
B/W Edge Rows of 10 completed:  2
Hexies for other projects: 40
Hexies waiting: 343

Total hexies:  1442
Total single edges sewn:  1965

No comments: